If you aren’t struggling to find top talent applicants today, it’s a safe bet that you will be in the foreseeable future. The Novo Group’s 2012 HR & Recruiting Trends Survey found that as many as 78% of HR leaders reported that finding top talent was their number one challenge. Considering that most HR leaders roles included a multitude of responsibilities ranging from hiring and terminations to benefits administration and worker’s compensation management; this statistic speaks volumes. So what can you do to find top talent applicants? A lot.
- Reach your audience. Making sure that you are reaching your key audience is the first step in the recruitment process. The majority of candidates still list job boards as their first resource to seek employment.
- Referrals, Referrals, Referrals. In a 2011 survey by Jobvite, 70% of employers reported feeling that referred candidates were a better fit for company culture and company values. If your organization does not have a referral program established, now is the time to start!
- Communication is key. Make sure that you are effectively communicating your recruitment needs. It’s been estimated that as many as 44% of resumes received by HR professionals are submitted by unqualified applicants. Creating a job posting that highlights the attributes needed for your position as well as sell the benefits of your organization can quickly attract top talent and help eliminate resume blasters.
- Build an employment brand. Rather than re-actively recruit, build an employment brand that constantly attracts talent to you! Building a strong employment brand that is true to your organization’s values and goals not only assists in recruitment but also with employee retention rates.
- Seek outside assistance. Some positions are just plain difficult to fill. Especially if it is a position that is in high demand or one that you only recruit for on occasion. An estimated 90% of companies partner with staffing agencies to assist them with recruitment efforts.
Want to learn more about how you can gain access to Trillium’s national network of top level talent? Contact us today! If you are a stand out in your profession and seeking contingent or long term career opportunities, visit our job seekers section for more information!
Trillium, a national leader in staffing and recruitment is a valued staffing partner to over 5,000 companies nationwide. Trillium is privately owned by Oskar René Poch.