I have written about it time and time again that the skilled trades industry is an excellent alternative to a formal 4 year education. There are more than enough various skills sets to gravitate towards and not only that but positions in the skilled trades and construction industries can be very lucrative when it comes to pay, benefits and opportunities available.
Looking for a reason to give the construction industry another look? Check out this list of 12 high paying construction jobs according to Indeed.com.
- Heavy Equipment Operator – National average salary of $19.90 per hour
- Mason – National Average salary of $19.93 per hour
- Ironworker – National Average salary of $20.09 per hour
- Construction Inspector – National Average salary of $23.97 per hour
- Plumber – National Average salary of $25.07 per hour
- Electrician – National Average salary of $25.26 per hour
- Building Engineer – National Average salary of $25.71 per hour
- Pipefitter – National Average salary of $26.71 per hour
- Boilermaker – National Average salary of $31.59 per hour
- Construction Manager – National Average salary of $76,326 per year
- Civil Engineer – National Average salary of $79,496 per year
- Construction Superintendent – National Average salary of $85,320 per year
Interested in learning more about any of these positions? Check out Indeed’s site to get an idea of what it would take to start a career in the construction industry. Also, check out the wide array of construction opportunities that Trillium has available across the country at www.trilliumjobs.com.
The Trillium brand of companies is privately owned by René Poch and provides more than 30 years of industry leading recruitment and staffing services through its divisions including: Trillium Staffing, Trillium Construction Services, Trillium Driver Solutions, Trillium Marine, Trillium Technical, Trillium Environmental, and Trillium Techs. With approximately 90 offices nationwide and nearly 400 internal recruitment professionals, the Trillium brand is proud to be recognized by Staffing Industry Analysts as a Top 25 Largest Industrial Staffing Firm in the U.S., a Top 100 Largest Staffing Firm in the U.S., a Top 100 Fastest Growing Staffing Firm in the U.S., and a 2015 winner of National Best and Brightest Companies to Work For. For more information please visit www.trilliumstaffing.com.