IPT Systems Engineering Manager
Now hiring an IPT Systems Engineering Manager for direct-hire!
Trillium Professional is now seeking a IPT Systems Engineering Manager for direct-hire placement!
The company team seeks a highly talented Systems IPT Engineering Manager to lead our Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) in developing avionics hardware for NASA human space exploration programs. As the Systems IPT Engineering Manager of Human Space Exploration Programs, you will lead our engineering team to drive hardware and software development throughout the lifecycle process. This role will provide exceptional functional oversight to Systems IPT Engineering Team members and cross-functional collaboration with other disciplines such as Program Management, Production, and Operations. The position will report directly to the Director of Engineering and communicate information such as project status, team needs, and emerging risks items.
The ideal candidate is a team player with a strong excitement to lead human space flight development and defense programs. This includes striving to improve lifecycle processes, drive to meet or exceed customer expectations, and find creative ways to tackle technical challenges. An effective candidate will be respectful, accountable for their tasks, supportive to the team, and passionate to drive programs with high quality and success. The candidate will have demonstrated skills including team leadership, cross-functional collaboration, and clear flow of information.
• Oversee and provide functional oversight for Systems Engineers and IPT Leads supporting human space exploration and Mil/Aero Programs
• Interface between engineering team, program management, integrated product team (IPT), production, and Director of Engineering to drive program execution
• Leadership activities such as employee inclusion, engagement, mentoring, career development, training, and identification of specific skills required to execute programs
• Identify staffing needs and workload forecasting for on-going and upcoming development program tasks
• Identify and implement process changes and tools to improve efficiency and quality within the department
• Oversee Risk and Opportunity Management process, escalate emerging risk items to Director of Engineering
• Support development lifecycle milestones such as Systems Requirements Review (SRR), Preliminary Design Review (PDR), and Critical Design Review (CDR)
• Support future technical business development capture activities such as proposal development or customer interfacing as needed
• Provide various technical support to lifecycle development tasks as needed
• Guide the team to improve processes and efficiency
• Provide inputs for yearly budgetary planning and department goals
• Undergraduate degree in engineering (BS/BEng) or equivalent from an ABET accredited school
• 10+ years of Aerospace Systems Engineering, or related field
• 5+ years of experience in customer interfacing positions
• 5+ years of team leadership (direct or in-direct)
• Graduate degree in engineering (MS/MEng) or equivalent from an ABET accredited school
• Leadership training, graduate certificate, graduate degree (MBA) or equivalent
• NASA, U.S. Department of Defense (DoD), commercial aerospace, or defense programs experience
• Project or program management experience including Earned Value Management (EVM)
• Risk and opportunity managing, tracking, and mitigating experience
• Solid presentation skills with awareness to tailor technical information to audience in attendance
• Strong ability to communicate clear, concise information with customers, team members, and leadership
• Must be a U.S. citizen or be authorized to work in the United States
Trillium has been recruiting and placing professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees and an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of quality and skilled professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
By applying to this job, I agree to receive electronic communications including SMS text and email regarding future opportunities, referral bonus incentives, and other promotions from Trillium. You may opt out at any time from future communications by responding STOP to any electronic communication.
Contact Us if you have any questions