Already have an account?
We're sorry. This job is no longer available.
Trillium Technical is now seeking a Gear Design Engineer for direct-hire placement!
Responsible for Hypoid Gear Designs, including technical integrity of the components, adherence to the internal design standards and engineering project/system requirements, timely completion of deliverables, within engineering project budget. Engineering project team member from concept design through final system launch and will serve as key interface for specific sub-systems or components.
• Has responsibility for Hypoid Gear designs within the product system from concept through full manufacturing launch in accordance with PE-PDP and program launch gate deliverables.
• Utilizes computer aided engineering (CAE) methodologies and results to drive the design of sub-systems and components. Performs component FEA, 1D model analyses, spreadsheet calculations as needed.
• Works with cross-functional and cross-region resources in the execution of development of new gear components based on requirements and supports the integration of those new components into the organization’s portfolio of products.
• Continually identify and capitalize on efficiencies throughout the design process across multiple areas of engineering.
• Generate Gear Component Part numbers and Gear Component level BOM’s
• Interface with cost engineering to fully understand cost implications of part design to deliver product systems within agreed costed bill of materials (BOM).
• Work with systems engineering and services to release designs on time to meet project milestones.
• Supports peer reviews and monthly engineering project status reviews throughout process, with focus on compliance to component technical requirements, design standards and project expectations.
• Supports creation of engineering project plans, negotiated with internal engineering service functions, to meet engineering project milestones and deliverables.
• Actively share learning and contribute to continuous improvement initiatives.
• All other duties as assigned.
If interested, please apply today!
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant engineering
• Experience with full cycle product launch from concept to start of production within engineering product development processes preferred.
• Experience utilizing UG Nx to design components and/or systems. Develops component CAD models, parametric designs that are optimized.
• Experience utilizing state of the art CAE tools and methods to drive the design.
• Experience with Helical Gear design preferred
• Experience with Kimos, Gleason Cage, Gleason Gems and Gleason Gage preferred
Trillium Technical has been recruiting and placing Engineering professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees with an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of Engineering professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
By applying to this job, I agree to receive electronic communications including SMS text and email regarding future opportunities, referral bonus incentives, and other promotions from Trillium. You may opt out at any time from future communications by responding STOP to any electronic communication.
Trillium always seems to go the extra mile to find the right person for the opening.