Already have an account?
We're sorry. This job is no longer available.
Trillium Technical is now seeking a Buyer for direct-hire placement!
Responsible for the purchase of materials, equipment, and services at the manufacturing facility including soliciting bids, evaluating quotations, and selecting suppliers for products and services that are above the bid threshold or not part of the global category-management sourcing process.
• Capable of executing both technical and administrative buys independently and, participates in and supports senior buyer with more technical or strategic purchasing.
• Performs market and supply-base analysis, spend analysis, and what-if scenario building in alignment with the sourcing process.
• Coordinates with suppliers and business partners to resolve routine issues such as past-due POs, match exceptions, discrepancies with freight charges and freight billings, price/invoice issue resolution, updating/incrementing POs, etc.
• Supports the Global Category Management teams as needed. Performs routine and as-needed compliance monitoring to contracts to monitor pricing, delivery, and other KPIs as outlined in the contracts.
• Monitors compliance to business unit and corporate policies and procedures.
• All other duties as assigned.
If interested, please apply today!
• Bachelor degree required; Supply Chain Management preferred
• Minimum 2 years of procurement experience; automotive industry experience preferred.
• Experience working in ERP systems, e.g. Oracle
• Experience purchasing and/or knowledge of indirect commodities and services (MRO)
• Knowledge of purchasing policies and procedures
• Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively with others
• Intermediate level computer skills required including Microsoft Suite
• Good oral and written communication skills required
• High degree of planning and organization skills required.
Trillium Technical has been recruiting and placing Engineering professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees with an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of Engineering professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
By applying to this job, I agree to receive electronic communications including SMS text and email regarding future opportunities, referral bonus incentives, and other promotions from Trillium. You may opt out at any time from future communications by responding STOP to any electronic communication.
Trillium works with us not as a client relationship, but as a concerned business partner.