Already have an account?
Now hiring a Controls Engineer in Howell!
Trillium Staffing is now seeking a Controls Engineer for direct-hire placement in Howell!
This is a 1st shift position. Pay range $75-90/k. Plan, research, design and produce control system software as well as supporting the assembly, commissioning, installation, and service of PLC controlled ultrasonic welding systems, products and automated machines that may include servos, barcode scanners, printers, data collection/MES systems, RFID systems, biometric systems, vision systems and similar ancillary systems/devices common in the industrial automation industry.
Essential Functions and Competencies
- Interfaces and communicates with internal engineering, project management and external customers to acquire a detailed understanding of the scope of the project and customer needs o Explains how control system program functions operate in laymen’s terms to customers o Prepares instructional documents for customers
- Interprets project requirements and develop conforming software solutions
- Reads and interprets electrical and pneumatic drawings
- Supports sales, applications or service/aftersales quoting efforts with cost estimates, proof of concept or similar activities
- Produces, maintains and properly protects documentation as required
- Supports installation and service efforts by traveling to customer sites or via remote connection
- Installation and service may include, but are not limited to, machine inspection and debugging as well as troubleshooting of programs, software or related controls hardware
o Assists with other miscellaneous software/controls issues o Provides support outside of normal business hours
o Provides guidance, support, and training to technicians and/or other team members
o Conform to established company as well as industry recognized standards for design and safety
If interested, please apply today!
-The employee must be able to travel locally. Ability to travel internationally is strongly preferred
-0 2+ years of controls programming experience in the automation/machine building environment o -Associate’s degree or computer software programming certification or equivalent related experience o -Proven experience developing/programming with current Siemens and/or Allen-Bradley PLC and
-Computer skills: Must be proficient in use of current Microsoft Windows/Office environment
-Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize tasks in unpredictable, fast paced environments
Preferred education and experience
-Experience with both Siemens and Allen Bradley software
-Experience with Mitsubishi and Omron
-Experience commissioning/troubleshooting current fieldbus technologies
0 Ethernet I/P o Profinet
0 10 Link
Microsoft Office VBA
.Net technologies, particularly C#
OPC and similar data exchange mechanisms
SEW, Schneider, AB servos
A general understanding and/or experience with plastic part design and assembly, ultrasonic components and automation machinery/components
Trillium Technical has been recruiting and placing Engineering professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees with an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of Engineering professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
By applying to this job, I agree to receive electronic communications including SMS text and email regarding future opportunities, referral bonus incentives, and other promotions from Trillium. You may opt out at any time from future communications by responding STOP to any electronic communication.
To apply for Controls Engineer enter your email address below.
If you have an account with indeed.com, you can also
Contact Us if you have any questions
They have consistently met our needs by providing qualified employees in a very prompt time frame.