Already have an account?
Now hiring a 2nd shift Weld Engineer for direct-hire!
Trillium Technical is now seeking a 2nd shift Welding Engineer for direct-hire placement!
This position requires working onsite daily. Travel to Canada is initially required. Supply direction and support to the Engineering, Maintenance and Production Departments in welding related issues as they relate to capability and compliance with customer welding specifications.
• Perform analysis of customer supplied weld drawings and provide input and direction in the development of welding process to ensure compliance with all related specs and requirements.
• Give direction to both the Production and Maintenance Departments to ensure highest quality welds are being attained in current production.
• Evaluate weld destruct data collected by Quality Assurance and identity areas of concerns for improvement of processes to ensure robust and capable welds.
• Evaluate both existing and new programs to optimize welding and to reduce cost while not affecting overall part quality.
• Provide training to production weld personnel in the proper methods of machine maintenance and parameter adjustment as it applies to welding and changes over of welding consumables such as tips, wire, gas, gas nozzles, etc.
• Work with welding vendors to ensure we are current with latest technology and to utilize best possible solution to all welding requirements.
• TS16949 awareness and adherence
• ISO14001 awareness and adherence
• Lean Manufacturing and SS concepts awareness and adherence
If interested, please apply today!
• Degree or certificate in Welding Technology and 5 years minimum hands-on related experience in metallurgical and welding knowledge
• Automotive related experience preferred with direct experience in MIG, projection spot welding and all forms of fastener welding.
• Capability of teardown and analysis of all types of welds with the ability to correct inadequate or unsatisfactory findings.
• Ability to use all tools related to the evaluation of MIG, Projection and fastener welding applications including but not limited to vernier calipers, micrometers and cut-tech-polish equipment.
• Ability to set up and teach robotic welds using Fanuc, ABB, and Yaskawa robots
• Knowledge equivalent to a Certified weld engineer per the American Weld Society including but not limited to:
o Weld design
o Structural fabrication requirements, sectional properties, stress gradients, stress triaxiality, weld symbols, hardness, microhardness, tensile properties, ductility, toughness, fillet break test, ductile fracture, brittle fracture, fatigue, and temperature and strain rate effect
o Non-Destructive Weld Examination (NOE) and Weld Discontinuities\NOE processes, eddy current, NOE symbols, power source static and dynamic character, welding arc characteristics, electron emission, arc temperature and degree of ionization, magnetic arc blow, Lorentz force, shielding gas drag force weld penetration and with for different shielding gases.
o Welding Processes and Controls
o Arc Welding Processes, resistance welding processes, high energy density welding processes, cutting processes, surface processing. Welding and Joining Metallurgy
Trillium Technical has been recruiting and placing Engineering professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees with an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of Engineering professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
By applying to this job, I agree to receive electronic communications including SMS text and email regarding future opportunities, referral bonus incentives, and other promotions from Trillium. You may opt out at any time from future communications by responding STOP to any electronic communication.
To apply for 2nd shift Weld Engineer enter your email address below.
If you have an account with indeed.com, you can also
Contact Us if you have any questions
For their attention to detail, their customer service-oriented style, and their ongoing follow up, I would recommend Trillium Staffing for your staffing needs.