Already have an account?
We're sorry. This job is no longer available.
Now hiring a Security Monitoring Analyst in Holmdel!
Trillium Technical is now seeking a Security Monitoring Analyst in Holmdel, NJ!
The Security Monitoring Analyst designs, implements, and monitors correlation searches which could be indicative of a cyber threat. The incumbent is responsible for detecting threats and vulnerabilities in target systems, networks, and applications by conducting systems, network and web vulnerability assessment / security testing. The security monitoring analyst role is a 24/7 on-call position.
• Monitor for and detect security events from SIEM, Log collection Engines and other security technologies, such as Splunk
• Perform investigations using various Monitoring Security technologies (i.e. IDS/IPS, DLP, etc.)
• Review alerts escalated by end users
• Perform initial triage of incoming issues (initially assessing the priority of the event, initial determination of event to determine risk and damage or appropriate routing of security or privacy data request)
• Monitoring of health alerts and downstream dependencies
• Provide limited response to end users for low complexity security events
• Review and take a proactive approach to false positive and work with the various Security teams to tune and provide feedback to improve accuracy of the alerts.
• Document, investigate and Notifying appropriate contact for security events and response
• Take an active part in the resolution of events, even after they are escalated
• Must participate in an on-call roster
• Collaborate with technical teams for security incident remediation and communication
• Conduct proof of concepts, vendor comparisons and recommend solutions in line with business requirements
• Conduct security research on threats and remediation methods
• Contribute to strategic planning to evaluate, deploy or update security technologies
• Create process improvement by identifying inefficiencies and solutions for process improvements
• Follow a standard methodology to identify and/or detect threats to the IT infrastructure, applications and other information assets
• Prepare system security reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends; presents reporting for management review
• Promote cross-department collaboration and communication to ensure appropriate processes, procedures and tools are installed, monitored, and effectively operating and alerting
• Update job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging security practices and standards; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
If interested, please apply today!
• Bachelor’s Degree; Computer Science or equivalent field., or equivalent work experience
• 5-9 years in field or similar industry
• Experience in information security, governance, IT audit, or risk management
• Ability to communicate concisely, effectively and directly to executive management
• Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word; Excel) and PowerPoint
• Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detailbility to work cooperatively in a team environment
• Experience planning, researching and developing security strategies, standards, and procedures
• Knowledge of risk assessment tools, technologies, and methods
• Proven ability to understand and analyze complex issues, then apply experience and judgment to develop sound recommendations especially as related to malware, eDiscovery, current threats/attacks and/or vulnerability
Trillium has been recruiting and placing professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees and an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of quality and skilled professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
They have consistently met our needs by providing qualified employees in a very prompt time frame.