Already have an account?
We're sorry. This job is no longer available.
Now hiring a Motion Control Design Development Engineer in Auburn Hills!
Trillium Technical is now seeking a Motion Control Design Development Engineer in Auburn Hills, MI!
The Automated Driving Advanced Development team is actively searching for a Motion Control Design/Dev. Engineer. This is a design position with a focus on vehicle dynamics control, particularly longitudinal and lateral dynamics control design. As the owner of the Motion Control content within the organizations ecosystem, you will develop and maintain expertise needed for the organization to manage controlled systems including mechatronics and active chassis components for Preventive/Active Safety and Autonomous Driving aims. You will also interact closely with a variety of engineering domains in order to be aligned to the requirements necessary to integrate Motion Control content into the organizations prototype and production vehicles. We are looking for a self-starter with good engineering judgement, a solid background in control engineering, and the curiosity/motivation to learn as the technology progresses.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Develop, design, and co-design technical solutions for Advanced Vehicle Control Systems, Vehicle added value features, Autonomous Driving innovative solutions, e.g.:
o Longitudinal and lateral vehicle Motion control;
o Actuations (steering, braking, powertrain) control;
o Vehicle States / Ego Motion design;
o Vehicle / System integration finite state machines;
• Release, maintain and update technical motion control system component specifications;
• Evaluate technical proposals from partner suppliers;
• Define and execute verification test plans of control systems;
• Analyze the controlled systems data acquisitions in order to evaluate and refine the system performance to achieve the desired target;
• Guarantee developed motion control contents knowledge transfer to related R&D involved dept. people.
If interested, please apply today!
• Education: Mechanics/Mechatronics/Electronics/Control/Automation Engineering M.Sc.;
• Strong Knowledge of Control Systems design, Estimation, Optimization and Robotics;
• Technical skill in:
o Control Design, Development and Analysis by using Matlab/Simulink environment (e.g. Control Systems Toolbox, Model Predictive Control Toolbox, …);
o Physical modeling, identification and simulation with Matlab/Simulink (e.g. System Identification Toolbox, Neural Networks Toolbox);
o Rapid Prototyping ECU programming (e.g. dSpace MicroAutobox, …);
o Vehicle Dynamics knowledge and commercial models usage (i.e. IPG CarMaker / dSPACE ASM);
o CAN Data Analysis by using Vector SW (e.g. CANalyzer, CANape, CANdb++, …) and HW (CANcaseXL, CANlog3, GL2000, …);
o C, C++ basic programming languages and code generation process knowledge;
• Organization and follow-through;
• Excellent ability to work in a team and within a complex organization;
• High sense of independence and self-responsibility;
• Good knowledge of English language.
• Specialized education or research in Control theory / engineering and application in Automotive field;
• Good knowledge of vehicle dynamics and mechatronics;
• Good understanding of CAN/CAN FD and Ethernet networking;
• Basic technical knowledge about the automotive development process;
• Basic knowledge of Driver Assistance sensors, such as forward looking camera, long and short range radars, etc.;
• Experience in design and product validation;
• Experience in Safety Relevant Control System Design;
• Experience in the development of Driving Assistance and Automated Driving systems, including in-vehicle activities and exposure to test drives / field Operation testing activities;
• Knowledge of Italian language.
• Knowledge of system requirements engineering required for automated driving inclusive of most of the following:
o EE architecture topologies
o System functional partitioning
o Failure analysis
o Data collection / simulation
o HIL / SIL techniques.
Additional Information / Must Have’s
• Control Design, Development and Analysis by using Matlab/Simulink environment ;
• Physical modeling, identification and simulation with Matlab/Simulink;
• Rapid Prototyping ECU programming (e.g. dSpace MicroAutobox, …);
• Vehicle Dynamics knowledge and commercial models usage;
• CAN Data Analysis by using Vector SW and HW ;
• C basic programming language and code generation process knowledge.
They are the best I have worked with. Period.