Now hiring a Systems Engineer for direct-hire!
Trillium Technical is now seeking a Systems Engineer for direct-hire placement in Plano!
This position will be primarily responsible for planning and development of advanced automotive electronics systems including various aspects of telematics, safety, security, infotainment, and convenience. This position will work on creation of proof of concept and thorough analysis of advanced automotive electronics systems in the market; will work on system-level engineering and problem analysis for automotive infotainment systems. This position will be interfacing with: Design, Telematics, Internal OEM program teams, Sales, Marketing and various departments within company, and partner suppliers and the headquarters in Japan for electrical engineering and validation related topics on automotive audio systems. Software/Electrical engineering and validation will also be part of the job.
Key Job Duties/Responsibilities:
• To serve as a primary system architect and coordinate with partners and internal departments regarding the design, specifications, validation of advanced automotive electronics software and applications.
• Understand development schedule, customer requirements, and deliverables to anticipate and plan corresponding actions.
• Create and maintain project timeline for task management as required.
• Recommend, design and implementation of functions, features, software/electronic interface, and applications in conjunction with various technologies and needs.
• Participate in preliminary product development activities in identifying feature and system requirements.
• Actively manage troubleshooting and root cause analysis during new system integration phases and End-2-End system/component testing.
• Work with suppliers and partner engineers for system recommendation, device selection, programming, and system integration.
• Capture and analyze in-vehicle bus data including BT/Wifi
• Capture and analyze/ debug with VR issues
• Capture and analyze internal bus data such as I2C and UART.
• Validates that code meets system requirements and performance targets.
• Develop and maintain open issue list for meetings with customer, partner suppliers, and internal product development teams.
• Prepare meeting minutes for all engineering meetings.
• Proactively monitor and track work progress of partner suppliers and internal teams periodically and conduct design reviews to identify troubles and reflection at early stage for prevention of delivery delay and quality issues.
• Create and maintain system validation plan in cooperation with partner suppliers and internal teams.
• Perform system tests in accordance with validation plan.
• Report test status to the customer as required.
• Support customer presentations and implementation of prototype production with OEM teams as needed.
• Travel requirements – May require more than 50% travel once product is ready for production
If interested, please apply today!
-Bachelors of Science in Electrical, Electronics, Systems, or Software Engineering related field required.
-Extensive working knowledge with Linux and/or other OS. Working knowledge of software development tools(debugger’s, compilers, etc.)Good knowledge of Ethernet technologies. Working knowledge of physical communication buses including: I2C, RS232, SPI or other serial interfaces.
-Related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Automotive, Electronics/Mechanical knowledge, and/or programming knowledge is preferred. Must understand all aspects of human factors principles, techniques and technologies.
-Experience in hardware/software product development cycle (Analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Maintenance) of automotive electronics systems along with automotive grade system requirements.
-Experience in overall development cycle of automotive electronics systems for major automotive OEMs, and understanding of all basic deliverables and documentations required.
-Hands on experience in various programming languages and software development tools such as C, C++,JAVA, Objective C, etc.
-Hands on technical expertise in major RTOS/Kernel, IDEs, Debug/Test tools, Version Control, and Microprocessor/Micro Controller utilized in development of automotive electronic components.
-Strong background in defining specification, architecture, design of electronics, HMI and PCB assemblies and hardware.
-Experience in managing suppliers along with internal departments through the specification of requirements, development, planning and execution of full validation models.
-Proficiency with MS software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, etc)
-Ability to travel internationally.
-Hands on experience with development of applications for embedded automotive infotainment OS such as Windows, Linux, QNX
Trillium Technical has been recruiting and placing Engineering professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees with an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of Engineering professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Contact Us if you have any questions
One moment please while we grab your information.