Now hiring a DevOps Engineer for work in Cambridge!
Trillium Technical is now seeking a DevOps Engineer for work in Cambridge, MA!
We are engaged in a number of exciting projects, including multi-cloud management of over 3,000 VMs, full life-cycle management of Linux through Puppet and REST APIs, the Software-Defined Data Center (storage, compute, and networking), modernization of our Linux stacks, backup service modernization, and container management. Our technology stack includes Linux (Red Hat /Ubuntu), IBM TSM, EMC Unity and Isilon storage arrays, Cisco UCS, vSphere, VMware Cloud on AWS, VMware NSXt, REST APIs, Puppet, Git and Python.
The ideal candidate for this position is a self-starter, has a love of infrastructure, and enjoys collaborative work on leading edge technologies. Familiarity with our entire technology stack is not necessary.
• Work Planning & Requirements
• Integrate with and augment OS, infrastructure and software-defined network and security platforms.
• Change Management:
• Review production and test change requests with appropriate IT groups and resolve discrepancies and dependencies.
• Test Development
• Test Execution
• Plan and perform routine maintenance tasks for infrastructure systems.
• Administer applications and systems.
• Implement and control the flow of data to and from the Cloud.
• Design and automate templates for cloud infrastructure use cases.
• May conduct traffic and capacity analysis.
• Production Support
• Performance Management
• Vendor Management: Work with vendors to resolve problems and develop solutions.
• Customer Satisfaction
• Business Continuity
• Policies, Processes and Standards
• Document/User Guides
• Technology Evaluation and Research
• Coaching and Mentoring
• Additional responsibilities as requested and/or required.
If interested, please apply today!
• Bachelor’s Degree or 4 years of relevant experience in System Administrator or Computer Science or another related field.
• Minimum 4 years of relevant experience.
• In-depth experience maintaining large Linux installations; Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Ubuntu preferred.
• Demonstrated experience using configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef or Ansible.
• Demonstrated experience with distributed version control systems; git/github preferred.
• Working knowledge of virtualization (public and private clouds); such as VMware vSphere, VMware Cloud on AWS.
• Must be detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
• Possess strong documentation skills with the ability to cross-train a diverse team of employees within the institute.
• Strong communication (oral and written) and presentation skills to effectively collaborate with all levels in ways that support problem solving and planning.
• Demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams in pursuit of common goals.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret complex problems or processes, identify and understand requirements, and develop alternate solutions.
• Experience designing, developing, testing, and deploying applications/systems using proven or emerging technologies in a variety of technologies and environments.
• Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
Desired Qualifications & Technical Skills:
• Experienced with Dell/EMC Unity and/or Isilon storage arrays a plus.
• Experienced with CISCO MDS SAN switches a plus.
• Software development and release engineering experience a plus.
• Prior experience with software defined networking technologies a plus.
• Experienced with IBM’s Tivoli Storage Management (TSM) a plus but not required.
Trillium has been recruiting and placing professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees and an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of quality and skilled professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Contact Us if you have any questions
One moment please while we grab your information.