Already have an account?
Now hiring a Diesel Technician for direct-hire!
Trillium Staffing has a Direct-Hire Opportunity for a Diesel Technician in Saginaw, MI
As a Diesel Mechanic, you will provide a full range of maintenance and repair services on the medium- and heavy-duty diesel trucks at your location in order to keep the vehicles we service in top form. Our clients truck shops perform many service, warranty and maintenance roles for their clients and provide full-service repairs including engine overhauls, transmission replacement and limited body work to routine maintenance from oil changes and brake jobs to replacing light bulbs and cleaning air filters.
This Mechanics/Technician needs to be comfortable functioning in a truly “Bumper to Bumper” role.
Specific duties will include:
• Diagnose engine problems.
• Troubleshoot electrical problems.
• Troubleshoot air system problems.
• Perform preventive maintenance.
• Bumper to bumper repairs.
• Making repairs to diesel trucks, including (but not limited to) repairing engines, alignments, suspension, hydraulics, transmissions and electrical systems.
• Diagnosing failures of vehicles and disassembling, repairing and reassembling parts as necessary.
• Performing routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries and lubricating equipment and machinery.
• Inspecting brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings and other vital parts to ensure that they are in proper operating condition.
• Filling out and submitting all required documents in an accurate and timely manner.
• Administrative work in regards to work performed. Complaint/Cause/Correction
The pay rate is $25 to $30/hour, depending on experience. If interested, please apply today!
• 2+ years tractor/heavy equipment mechanical experience and the ability to provide own tools. Experience with medium to heavy duty diesel trucks (not regular automotive experience); reefer unit experience, a plus.
• Education/certifications are a plus. Years spent on education does count towards years of experience
• Understanding of diesel engine function
• General knowledge of EGR/emissions control systems
• General knowledge of foundation, air, and ABS brake systems
• General knowledge of DC electrical systems
• Experience with Freightliners or Detroit Engines a plus
• Experience with chassis’ and drivelines a plus
• Experience with hubs and wheel seals a plus
• Experience with air conditioning systems a plus
• Understand the importance of diagnosis and repair versus parts replacement
• Excellent work ethic
• Willingness to learn
• High level of professionalism
• Basic computer knowledge with good written communication skills
• High school diploma OR GED; Technical school degree, a plus
• Ability to pass pre-employment drug screen.
• Must have own tools.
• Reliable transportation to work
Trillium has been recruiting and placing professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees and an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of quality and skilled professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for Diesel Technician enter your email address below.
If you have an account with indeed.com, you can also
Contact Us if you have any questions
The quickness of your response to our needs is unparalleled by any other source.