Now hiring an Electrical Estimator in Appleton!
Trillium Construction is currently seeking an Electrical Estimator in Appleton, WI!
The right candidate is expected to seek materials, tools, and techniques that provide an advantage over competitors during the design, bid, and/or construction phases
• Analyzes blueprints, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare time, cost and labor estimates for projects
• Maintain files of working documentation as back-up for estimate figures, including current (accurate) information on prices from suppliers through direct contact, websites, price lists, etc.
• Consults weekly with Project Manager regarding future workload
• Attends pre-bid meetings and visits sites of proposed projects; takes accurate notes of overall conditions which affect installation and bid take-off
• Attends pre-job meeting to cover:
o Work scope
o Special circumstances: Addendums, Bid documents, Prevailing wage information
• Work under deadline pressures in an efficient, composed and calm manner
• Provides estimates to internal (co-workers) and external customers within the time frames they specify, in a friendly and professional manner
• Consults with customers, vendors, or individuals to discuss and formulate efficient estimating process including researching history and experience
• Corresponds with architects, engineers, owner’s reps, etc. to obtain missing information
• Assists fellow estimators in customer proposal and presentation preparation, may participate in owner/GC presentations
• Works consistently within estimating process; calendar invite, bid checklist, pre-bid meeting, estimate production, proposal methodology, bid review, delivery, and CRM tracking
• Reviews proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope of work and required content of estimate, identifies conflicts in plans
• Identifies labor, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, blueprints, specifications and related documents with high level of accuracy (take-offs)
• Continues skills development in estimating and other areas required by the position including staying current on NEC, energy codes and state requirements, facilitating estimating software updates and training
• Coordinates design / build projects with Engineering Department, as necessary. Designs electrical systems or assists in design as necessary
• Maintains CRM database (hours expended, square foot costs, profit, etc.) to assist in bidding future projects. (Track all aspects of estimate requirements in CRM, Box and/or accounting software, maintain all relevant logs and spreadsheets)
• Verifies state code compliance for all Suburban Electric work.
• Stays current on NEC and building codes
This is a full time, direct hire position. We offer benefits: Medical, Dental, 401k with match, PTO, paid holidays and company ESOP. Salary Range is $50,000-70,000 DOE. If interested, please apply today!
• Ability to assess workplace surroundings and take corrective action
• Construction knowledge
• Electrical estimating ability
• Knowledge of code and municipal permitting and licensing requirements
• Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented
• Strong computer proficiency and trouble-shooting skills, especially with Microsoft Office programs, the Internet and estimating software.
• Knowledge of costs associated with actions performed within their position
Trillium Construction Services has been recruiting and hiring construction and skilled trades talent for over 30 years. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you have any questions about this position Click Here.
Contact Us if you have any questions
One moment please while we grab your information.