Now hiring a Senior Software Test Engineer for direct-hire!
Trillium Technical is now seeking a Senior Software Test Engineer for direct-hire placement!
If you meet the qualifications below and are interested, please apply today!
• Experience in technical project management, program design and implementation, configuration management, system maintenance, and integration testing
• Experience writing test plans and writing/executing test procedures for software, hardware, and system testing
• Familiarity with:
o C++, the Google test framework, and static analysis (like Coverity)
o Requirement tracking tools such as Test Rail/Zephyr/PractiTest
o Configuration management tools such as Bitbucket
o Continuous integration tools such as Bamboo or Jenkins
o Project and issue tracking tools such as JIRA and Confluence
• Technical writing skills, including familiarity with Microsoft Office
• Develop, authorize, and execute test plans, procedures, reports, and test tooling
• Provide support for test event organization, planning, and execution
• Execute integration activities, including software integration and software/hardware integration, dry runs, test readiness reviews, regression tests, and formal acceptance tests
• Organize and facilitate certification and witnessed verification events
• Able to mitigate risk and reduce the number of bugs introduced throughout the engineering process
• Experience with software integration of COTS and Government Off-the-Shelf (GOTS) products
• Experience with embedded systems and embedded OS such VxWorks, Linux
• Knowledge of, or experience with, software design patterns and methodology
• Organized and able to manage and prioritize requirements
• Experience with safety critical requirements
• A Bachelor’s Degree in a technical specialty such as Computer Engineering, Information Security, Information Management, and/or Computer Science or related discipline –OR– four (4) years demonstrated experience in full lifecycle software test engineering to include requirements definition, design analysis, peer reviews, unit testing, integration and test.
• Additionally, five to ten (5-10) years combined experience in the following:
o Testing embedded C/C++ business logic
o Authoring or coauthoring system technical documentation
o Developing and executing test plans
• Must be able to work alongside a diverse, multi-cultural team and demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills
• From time to time may be called upon to interact with customer via briefs, technical conversations, and test events and as such, should be comfortable in that role.
• On occasion may need to travel to customer sites
• Candidates must be a U.S. citizen. Applicants will be subject to a government security investigation as needed.
• Currently hold a U.S. security clearance
• Experience in the DoD contractor space
• Experience in leading junior software engineers
• Strong background in embedded Linux kernels, filesystems, and custom device drivers
• Experience with communications and networking libraries in embedded Linux (e.g. networking stacks, socket communication, threading)
• Familiarity with CMMI process and DO-178 guidelines
• Experience with SBCs and PCI-e
• Able to read hardware schematics. Able to dissect and assign problems between software, firmware, and hardware functional areas.
Trillium has been recruiting and placing professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees and an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of quality and skilled professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Contact Us if you have any questions
One moment please while we grab your information.