Job no longer available
We're sorry. This job is no longer available.
Now hiring a Procurement and Contracts Manager in Quincy!
Trillium Technical is now seeking a Procurement and Contracts Manager for work in Quincy, MA!
The Procurement and Contracts Manager (PCM) supports the delivery of HIX Program objectives related to procurement and contracts under the direction of the Director of Program Planning and Administration. In addition,
the PCM serves as project manager for assigned solicitations, and as such manages, plans, organizes and controls the development activities of IT-related procurement/contracting projects at varying levels of complexity. The PCM manages and monitors activities to ensure that projects are completed on time, ensures that requirements, deliverables and approvals are defined and documented; communicates project status; and ensures that the end products meet stakeholder requirements. The PCM participates in drafting and reviewing artifacts (in whole or in part) needed for procurement and contracting, including but not limited to terms and conditions, and will work with other Program resources if such support or participation is needed. The PCM will provide vendor oversight for assigned contracts, and work collaboratively with Program staff (including Development, Operations & Maintenance, Security, and Program Management) to monitor vendor performance and enforce vendor compliance with contract terms. The PCM works closely with agency Legal and Finance staff to ensure compliance with policies, procedures, and workflows. The PCM works collaboratively with other positions supporting the HIX Procurement portfolio.
Job duties: key responsibilities
• Combines project management, business, and legal expertise to draft, evaluate, negotiate and execute procurement and contract documents, and to provide vendor oversight.
• Serve as key point of contact for assigned procurement and contractual matters
• Coordinate and collaborate with Program staff and stakeholders from multiple agencies
• Ensure compliance with MA HIX policies and procedures in processing purchase and contract requests and engaging the appropriate support, as needed
• Develop and manage project plans for assigned solicitations
• Manage assigned purchasing/procurement activities and conduct direct negotiations with vendors
• Develop standards for contracts, including presentation of budget, payment terms, general language, and provisions
• Draft and/or edit procurement and contract-related artifacts
• Collaborate with agency legal counsel, as needed
• Serve as liaison between Program staff and Vendors on matters related to procurement and contracts, including vendor performance in fulfillment of contract terms
• Monitor vendor performance and ensure adherence to contract terms
• Oversee and manage contract closeouts, extensions or modifications
• Manage and communicate issues and risks associated with assigned contracts to Program leadership
• Ensure Program compliance with state and federal (CMS) procurement and contract standards and requirements
• Monitor and report on budget and expenditures for assigned contracts
• Ensure all procurement artifacts, as well as fully executed contracts, are properly archived and entered into agency databases and securely maintained
If interested, please apply today!
• Ability to develop a command of complex contract terms in a short amount of time
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills with the ability to translate technical decisions/strategies into business terms and implications. Ability to produce clear documentation geared to varied audiences
• Ability to manage a high volume of work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven work environment
• Solid project management and organizational skills with attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Office products: MS Project, Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook; knowledge of SharePoint, JIRA and HP ALM a plus.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
• Contract Management certification strongly preferred
• Legal background preferred but not required
• Minimum 5 years of procurement and contract experience in a complex IT setting
• Experience drafting, negotiating, and administering complex contracts and agreements
• Experience managing multiple vendors
Trillium has been recruiting and placing professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees and an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of quality and skilled professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
One moment please while we grab your information.