Now hiring a Junior Software Engineer for work in Somerville!
Trillium Technical is now seeking a Junior Software Engineer in Somerville, MA!
Enterprise Research Infrastructure and Services (ERIS) group is immediately seeking a Junior level, Full Stack Developer to join our team. This position works within the multi-disciplinary ERIS Research Computing Core team. The Full Stack Developer will be part of all evaluation calls and will be integral in offering solutions for varying requests.
The Candidate will collaborate with the Systems Designer on the following tasks: developing and documenting workflow and determining the software technical design that best meets the needs of our research community; provide a time estimate to complete the work product; supervised by the Senior Program Manager, implement the requirements using software development practices; train/educate end-users in the deliverable’s use and functions. The candidate will assist in troubleshooting users’ issues within the system, fix bugs and manage feature requests. Lastly, the candidate will perform security patch and performance updates.
ERIS enables and supports the highly successful and innovative research programs and innovative apps of the largest teaching hospitals in the nation.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities Indicate key areas of responsibility, major job duties, special projects and key objectives for this position. These items should be evaluated throughout the year and included in the written annual evaluation.
• Work with the ERIS Web Team to provide solutions for website and application development in response to Researcher’s requests
• Perform analysis, design, development and testing tasks with direction.
• Recommend technical approaches and assist with development of time estimates for Statements of Work
• Update or create technical and user documentation using wiki and knowledge management tools (Confluence)
• Identify opportunities for improvement, reporting on progress, and asking for what you need.
• Work directly with Departments and Research Labs on projects that require this person to track and manage their time into a project billing system.
• Off-hours production pushes may occasionally be required
• Perform other duties as required by the situation and circumstances
If interested, please apply today!
• Associate degree in Computer Science or related field required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience as a developer
• Knowledgeable of the full programming lifecycle with version control (GIT)
• Familiarity with MySQL, PostgreSQL CRUD operations
• Experience with HTML 5, CSS 3, PHP, and Editing HTML content required
• Active experience using GIT version control
• Proficient working with open source CMS, especially WordPress and Drupal themes
• Proficient using BootStrap 3/4 or other open-source CSS frameworks for responsive design
• Proficient in user interface design and usability experience principles a plus
• Strong understanding of compatibility and cross-browser issues
• Desire to learn newer technologies is critical.(Node.js, ReactJS, Etc.)
• Normal office environment; currently remote through August 2021
Trillium has been recruiting and placing professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees and an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of quality and skilled professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Contact Us if you have any questions
One moment please while we grab your information.