Now hiring a Bus Mechanic for direct-hire!
Trillium Staffing has Bus Mechanic positions available in the Ypsilanti, MI area.
Direct hire positions. Will be responsible for identifying repair and/or replacement needs, performing repairs and preventative maintenance and ensuring completion of projects in accordance with district, state and federal requirements. The Bus Mechanic must be able to provide own tools and toolbox. First shift opportunities: Various start times available: 6:00 a.m., 7:00 a.m. 8:00 a.m. and 9:00 a.m. 8 hour shifts plus ability to work OT and DT. Will train. Pay rate schedule:
Mechanic - Helper -$18-$20 - $1/hour increase with an SOM Certification
Mechanic - $22-$24 (Req 1 SOM Certification - $1 increase for each of 2 additional SOM certifications) Mechanic - Manager - $30-$32 - SOM Master Mechanic (1-5)
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Diagnoses potential vehicle and equipment malfunctions for the purposes of determining needed repairs and/or replacements.
• Repairs vehicle and equipment systems/components for the purpose of ensuring the availability of vehicles and equipment in safe operating condition.
• Executes preventive maintenance programs for the purpose of maintaining vehicles and equipment in safe operating condition.
• Performs minor body work (including welding mild steel and fabricating repairs) for the purpose of maintaining the appearance and safe operation of the vehicles.
• Replaces defective vehicle and equipment parts/systems for the purpose of ensuring the availability of vehicles and equipment in safe operating condition.
• Inspects vehicles for the purpose of ensuring conformance with local, state and federal standards.
• Maintains tools, equipment and shop area for the purpose of ensuring the availability and functioning of required tools and equipment within a safe work area.
• Drives service vehicle and performs emergency road service work when required.
• Prepares documentation (e.g., repairs, maintenance records, etc.) for the purpose of providing written support and/or information to comply with regulating guidelines.
• Participates in various activities (e.g., meetings, training, etc.) for the purpose of receiving and conveying information.
• Observes safety rules at all times. Maintains a working technical knowledge of all mechanical functions and repair procedures of fleet vehicles
If interested, please apply today!
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
• Three to five years’ experience working on school buses preferred.
• Valid Michigan Commercial Driver’s License must have Class B, with a P,S, and air brake endorsement required. Certified Mechanic in heavy trucks required, Michigan Master Mechanic Certification preferred.
• ASE Certification is strongly preferred.
Trillium has been recruiting and placing professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees and an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of quality and skilled professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Contact Us if you have any questions
One moment please while we grab your information.