Now hiring an Automotive Program Buyer for direct-hire!
Trillium Technical is now seeking an Automotive Program Buyer for direct-hire placement!
This position requires working onsite daily. Travel to Canada is initially required.
• Communicates with vendors to obtain product or service information such as price, availability, and delivery schedule.
• Expedites orders and requests as needed.
• Determines method of procurement, such as direct purchase or bid. Prepares purchase orders or bid requests. Reviews bid proposals and negotiates contracts within budgetary limitations and scope of authority.
• Maintains procurement records, such as items or services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance and inventories.
• Discusses defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or quality control personnel, users, vendors and others to determine source of trouble.
• Prepares instructions regarding purchasing policies and procedures to accomplish procurement of a variety of materials in a cost efficient manner.
• Keeps informed of economic, industrial and other trends that affect markets, prices and delivery conditions. Reviews and monitors supply sources, supplies quotations, terms, etc.
• Reviews purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy. Participates in contract negotiations and vendor selection. Monitors performance and capabilities of vendors to ensure maintenance of delivery, quality and price commitments.
• Arranges for disposal of surplus materials.
• Acts as a liaison in dealings between vendors and user departments when necessary.
• Actively implement and track all cost reduction programs on all purchased product.
• Utilizes best practices of Just-In-Time to keep inventories as low as possible.
• Maintains all required documentation and procedures for TS certification.
• Travels as required for company functions and vendor/supplier visits.
• Performs other duties as required.
• Associates degree in Purchasing, Supply Chain, or Business discipline
• 5 years of experience in Automotive Manufacturing Purchasing and Supply Chain
• Must have Automotive Manufacturing Program Buyer experience.
• Experience with Freight is required
• Automotive Steel experience to Identify, quote, and source steel either through customer resale programs or directly for all stampings needed in the facility.
• Excellent supplier and employee relations experience.
• Able to manage and schedule multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
• Strong presentation experience both written and verbal to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, employees, suppliers, and customers.
• Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Purchasing database applications.
• Able to work flexible hours and overtime.
Trillium Technical has been recruiting and placing Engineering professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees with an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of Engineering professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Contact Us if you have any questions
One moment please while we grab your information.