Now hiring a Packaging Engineer for direct-hire!
Trillium Technical is now seeking a Packaging Engineer for direct-hire placement!
Establishes processes, standards, and templates for the Packaging Engineering Team. Works with the Program Manager to establish and achieve timelines for packaging delivery based on pre-series build phases and start of production (SOP). Ensures safe and cost-effective packaging selection for optimal handling and storage of all parts.
• Research industry practices and recommend new and innovative logistic and packaging procedures, methods, specific to the manufacturing processes, product offerings, and business needs.
• Integrate and communicate with key contacts within customer and supplier teams and departments to get buy-in and sign-off on packaging concepts and packaging-related projects.
• Coordinate repair of defects (if within the warranty period) with rack suppliers and Production (temporary reduction of fleet) and Logistics (scheduling, inbound/outbound) Departments.
• Develop unit load instructions (ULI) with pictures for all parts and update them at each revision
• Optimize packaging and pack quantities for all parts when new packaging arrives and parts are available, during development of the ULI, and in reaction to recommendations from other departments
• Work with expendable packaging suppliers to develop concepts for special shipments.
• Review, provide feedback, and sign-off on expendable packaging for service parts.
• Perform Layered Process Audits in production as required.
• Maintain 5S standards in workspace, department and hold team members accountable for meeting 5S standards.
If interested, please apply today!
• Bachelor’s degree in Packaging, Industrial, or Mechanical Engineering or 5-10 years of related experience
• Experience in the automotive or related industry
• Experience in lineside and shop floor conveyance experience
• Minimum of 5 years related experience
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Project, Word.
• Familiarity with drawing/design software including Catia and Spinfire
Trillium Technical has been recruiting and placing Engineering professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees with an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of Engineering professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Contact Us if you have any questions
One moment please while we grab your information.