Job no longer available
We're sorry. This job is no longer available.
Now hiring an Automotive Dimensional Engineer for direct-hire!
Trillium Technical is now seeking an Automotive Dimensional Engineer for direct-hire placement!
This position requires working onsite daily. Travel to Canada is initially required.
Plans and develops GD&T layouts, strategic dimensional strategy documents, tolerance stack ups, VSA Modeling Reports, and quality plans that allows to balance design, manufacturing processes and engineering dimensional objectives to ensuring the manufacturability and quality objectives for the system and components can be achieved.
• Dimensioning & tolerance (GD&T) to component and systems.
• Support and/or develops measurement points.
• Coordinates all datum schemes and assembly sequences.
• Assists in the development of a control plan for a system or component.
• Performs variation reduction and dimensional sensitivity studies.
• Performs comparison studies of measured data versus objectives and GD&T specification.
• Performs tolerance analysis (2D stack studies) on designs and processes.
• Review’s 3D (VSA model) tolerance analysis on designs and processes.
• Assists in the fabrication and installation activities to ensure products and systems to conform to dimensional plan and customer provided quality objectives.
• Develops the strategic slip plan and dimensional strategy documents.
• Monitors and controls the dimensional objective documents.
• Defines and/or supports the measurement plan development.
• Provides input to the product design team on dimensional issues and concerns.
• Reviews dimensional control capabilities of tools and dies, processes and assembly sequences.
• Reviews assembly sequences for feasibility of weld, rivet access and tool clamp access.
• Support gage concept designs, gage follow-up, GR / GR&R, tool repeatability and tool and die certification studies.
• Coordinate’s quality and dimensional strategy reporting methods.
• Assists in continuous improvement and VA/VE activity
• Assists design for assembly (DFA), and manufacturing (DFM), geometric dimensioning & tolerance (GD&T) to component and systems.
If interested, please apply today!
• Associate Degree or equivalent combination of 3 years technical education and experience
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of technical education and experience
Trillium Technical has been recruiting and placing Engineering professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees with an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of Engineering professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
One moment please while we grab your information.