Now hiring a Manufacturing Engineer for direct-hire in Howell!
Trillium Staffing now has a Manufacturing Engineer position available in the Howell, MI area.
Direct hire opportunity available at an established manufacturing company who specializes in the manufacturing of electric motors. Salary range of $54,000 to $62,000. Engineering degree is not required. Will consider relevant experience and skills. Great work schedule of Monday through Thursday, 6:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The role of the Manufacturing Engineer is to evaluate existing equipment and processes and configure new and innovative manufacturing systems to reduce cost, improve sustainability, and develop best practices within the production process. The main focus of this position is on maintaining reliable and safe manufacturing systems while improving our production rates, efficiencies, yields, costs, and changeovers. This role and will work closely with various departments; Engineering, Production, and Material Handling to identify, develop, and deliver innovative solutions, driven to constantly improve process capability and production volume while maintaining and improving quality standards.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Performs problem solving in areas of tooling, equipment and manufacturing processes. Evaluate manufacturing processes based on quality criteria, such as efficiency and speed.
• Works closely with department supervisors/leads in providing feedback on tooling and equipment problems affecting operations.
• Researches and orders tooling and equipment as needed to ensure completion of required projects.
• Collaborate with other engineers, contractors and suppliers.
• Estimates tooling and equipment costs for projects, as required.
• Works with outside vendors/manufacturers on tooling, equipment or manufactured parts as required by production.
• Establishes new, or improves existing manufacturing methods, as needed.
• Find ways to reduce costs and maximize quality.
• Maintains or improves quality standards.
• Maintains records of tooling and equipment changes or improvements.
• Assist Maintenance with problem solving of machine malfunctions.
• Supports facility planning and recommendations.
• Assists with the design and positioning of new floor layouts and manufacturing work spaces: tools, equipment, fixtures, and workstations.
• Performs other duties, as assigned.
If interested, please apply today!
• Minimum 5 years of experience required
• Previous experience as a manufacturing engineer or similar role.
• Have good verbal, written communication skills, and works well with others.
• Knowledge and experience in areas of machine tools, presses, CNC programming, cutting tools, machining, molds, welding and metals. Familiarity with manufacturing equipment and quality assurance regulations. Commitment to health and safety standards and environmental regulations.
• Has ability to read, draw and interpret blueprints of manufacturer parts, tooling, equipment and fixtures.
• Experience with buying and purchasing.
• Demonstrates a sense of urgency dealing with critical situations.
• Has the ability to frequently handle multiple tasks, or change priorities.
• Project management skills.
• Teamwork skills.
• Demonstrates the ability to make decisions and take risk, when necessary.
• Able to demonstrate advanced technical math skills.
• Results oriented and be able to work with minimum supervision.
Trillium has been recruiting and placing professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees and an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of quality and skilled professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Contact Us if you have any questions
One moment please while we grab your information.