Trillium Staffing has an immediate opening for a Production Planner & Scheduler with a local light industrial company in Morton, IL!
Trillium Staffing, a leader in the staffing industry, is hiring a Production Planner & Scheduler.
Duties will include managing all production planning and scheduling within the facility.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Create, monitor, analyze, plan and execute daily production schedules for production parts in accordance with the standard best practices.
• Setup and modification of new/existing parts and routing in CMS.
• Develop production schedules in accordance with sales forecast, plant, and employee capacity, and new business opportunities.
• Single point contact for internal & external customers.
• Participate and co-ordinate Daily Cycle Counting of Inventory and periodical Physical Inventory.
• Responsible to maintain parts inventories to support production requirements.
• Ensuring right consumption of raw material as per the BOM and accountable for raw material consumption.
• Notification of any spikes or changes to customer demand and initiate appropriate next steps with related stake holders.
• Coordinate parts changes with Sales, Engineering, Production, Accounting and Materials.
• Responsible to ensure no parts shortages, obsolescence, or excess inventory.
• Schedule the production process and departmental activities relating to material, employee, and equipment availability.
• Efficiently assign production to minimize company costs and meet delivery deadlines.
• Review production specifications, identify, and report plant capacity constraints.
• Resolve production, manpower and material shortage problems quickly in an order of priority.
• Schedule training programs for staff to develop themselves on the job and meet production goals.
• Use CMS to generate reports and schedules.
• Create and publish Weekly Customer Releases and delivery reports.
• Create and publish Weekly reports of Material Yield, Earned hours, Capacity planning and down time hours for all production departments.
• Early communication of parts/material shortages and take next steps actions.
• Develop daily and weekly production status reports for Materials Manager.
• Coordinate with production, purchasing and finance teams to develop and maintain scheduling parameters.
• Order and stock adequate materials to avoid any shortages.
• Oversee routine equipment maintenances to avoid outages and repairs during production.
• Support organization management of shop floor material flow (internal logistics).
• Any other related duties as assigned by Materials Manager /Management.
This is a first shift position, 7am - 4pm, Monday - Friday. It is full time and direct hire. Pay is $45,000 - $60,000/year based on experience. Client would offer a competitive benefits / vacation package. If interested, please apply today!
• Requires a bachelor’s degree / diploma in Materials Management or equivalent work experience.
• Requires a minimum of 5 to 7 years of relevant experience in materials planning, scheduling, forecasting, logistics, supply chain ideally within a low volume/high mix manufacturing environment.
• Strong analytical and mathematical skills.
• Strong ERP/MRP systems knowledge, prior experience with CMS an asset.
• Experience with lean concepts/tools such as Kanban, JIT and Kaizen.
• Understanding of production flow principles and manufacturing processes.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively work with many levels and types of people.
• Good written, oral and presentation skills.
• Problem solving & decision-making skills.
• Computer proficiency required in Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
• Valid driver’s license and good MVR.
• Ability to pass pre-employment screenings.
Trillium has been recruiting and placing professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees and an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of quality and skilled professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Contact Us if you have any questions
One moment please while we grab your information.