CPA position available in the Southfield, MI, area.
Trillium Staffing has a Direct hire opportunity working for a growing company who offers advisory services to companies claiming Research Tax Credits (RTCs) in the United States.
The company has experience assisting companies of all sizes, legal entity types and ownership characteristics. The company’s primary location is Southfield, MI, with resources in Houston, Chicago and up-state New York. This position offers a blended remote and in office work schedule until the Fall. Salary range is $80k to $90k. May consider more based on industry experience and qualifications.
The Sr. Associate will work as part of the multi-disciplinary team to conduct Research and Development (R&D) tax credit consulting services. Duties include - leading Client interviews and discussions, assessing the applicability of R&D tax credit for taxpayers, calculating R&D credit amount, preparing supporting financial schedules and other documentation and reports, performing research at federal and state levels for utilization and availability, consulting on tax implications of the credit for various taxpayers, and assisting in federal or state examinations.
• Assist in and conduct initial interviews with Client to understand operations and R&D applications of the company and to identify Qualifying Research Activities;
• Preparation of accurate credit calculations, including data gathering, development of calculation templates, and preparation of the related tax forms, at the federal and state level for multiple clients simultaneously in accordance with deadlines as required;
• Preparation of thorough and accurate final reports documenting the Client’s R&D tax credit, including the description of the R&D study process conducted, supporting documentation of Qualifying Research Expenses;
• Perform audit support for clients as necessary, including preparation of schedules, drafting responses to IRS inquiries, participating in meetings with IRS agents to support R&D credits claimed, and other audit support as required;
• Develop and sustain excellent client relationships to ensure timely reception of supporting data and perform regular status updates as the study progresses toward completion in accordance with project deadlines;
• Continues to develop industry expertise and stays abreast of industry news and updates;
• Work with and/or oversee team to coordinate overall project execution;
• Resolves conflicts and provide solutions to customers in a timely manner;
• Builds client relationships, maintains smooth working relationship with clients;
• Effectively communicates all tax implications and tax related material to clients, verbally and in writing;
• Appropriately manages risk and ensures quality control procedures are being executed;
If interested, please apply today!
-Education-Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Engineering is preferred.
-Travel-Candidates should expect up to 25 percent within US.
-Experience in R&D tax credit consulting services is preferred.
-Minimum 3-4 years experience.
-Strong analytical, planning and problem-solving capabilities;
-Critical thinking and logic based thinking skills;
-Ability to engage clients on a technical level and encourage ideation;
-Ability to demonstrate initiative;
-Ability to work independently with minimal supervision; and,
-Ability to deliver excellent customer experience, including excellent technical written and oral communication skills.
Trillium has been recruiting and placing professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees and an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of quality and skilled professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Contact Us if you have any questions
One moment please while we grab your information.