Job no longer available
We're sorry. This job is no longer available.
Now hiring a Virtualization Engineer – VDI for direct-hire!
Trillium Technical is now seeking a Virtualization Engineer – VDI for direct-hire placement in Worcester!
This position is responsible for the support of the Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) environment, application package development/deployment, end user systems configuration, product evaluation, and performance monitoring. Provides technical and operational leadership to peers within Information Services.
• Designs, supports and maintains all development, test and discrete production images for VDI and physical PCs/laptops.
• Scripts and integrates application packages for our distribution software, Ivanti (formally LANDesk) using PowerShell, batch, Orca and/or transforms.
• Configures and manages user personalization solutions, i. e. AppSense. Manages multiple facets of Windows 7 OS, inclusive of registry, file system, services and ODBC connections.
• Designs and supports images for HP Windows Embedded OS thin clients, used by both internal and external employees, accommodating for differences in departmental workflows.
• Acts as a VDI subject matter expert (SME) for Major Incident Management support. Develops and presents recommended infrastructure changes for the physical and virtual PC environments to the Change Control Advisory Board. This includes implementation, testing and back–out white pages, complete with disaster recovery proposal(s).
This position is required to participate in a 24 x7 on-call rotation. If interested, please apply today!
• Associates degree or equivalent work-related experience.
• Minimum two (2) years of technical customer service experience required.
• Background in VMware, AppSense, ThinApp, and Horizon View environments required.
• Scripting and programming with PowerShell and batch script required.
• Demonstrated technical experience in PC hardware and software support environments required.
• Must be able to self-manage and have excellent interpersonal skills.
• Must have a solid knowledgebase of Microsoft Office suite applications, and basic Inter/Intranet skills.
• Must have excellent customer communication skills, be organized and efficient.
• Bachelor’s of Science or equivalent work-related experience preferred.
• Desktop operating systems (including registry level) administration, Active Directory, and TCP/IP networking are required.
• Ivanti (formally LANDesk) or SCCM knowledge preferred.
• Experience with ITIL and Lean process improvement methodologies preferred.
Trillium has been recruiting and placing professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees and an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of quality and skilled professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
One moment please while we grab your information.