Now hiring a Senior SQL Power BI Developer for work in Boston!
Trillium Technical is now seeking a Senior SQL Power BI Developer for work in Boston, MA!
This Senior SQL/Power BI Developer position will be responsible for producing variety of reports, dashboards, metrics and Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s). Resource will be responsible to build data pipelines to pull together information from different source systems, integrating, consolidating, and data cleansing. Resource will translate end user requirements into effective reports/dashboards. Also responsible for operational monitoring, maintenance, and troubleshooting for the Microsoft SQL Server BI platform.
This position reports to the Director of Application Systems and works closely with technical and business team.
• Proficient in DAX and constructing of advanced calculations and M language.
• Extensive experience in creating datasets and KPI dashboards by using MS PowerBI.
• Experience in Extraction, Transformation and Loading (SSIS) and Azure Analysis Services.
• Strong ability to connect to variety of data sources, proficiently using the queried data in PowerBI and Power Pivot.
• Expertise in implementation of access control and knowledge of security mechanisms for report access.
• Experience with programming languages like Python
• Strong knowledge of data warehousing ecosystem
• Query performance tuning and write ad-hoc queries.
• Create IT documents for knowledge base, user guides, and other various communications systems
• Follow established business, technical and project policies and guidelines principles and standards to include the following: use of best practices, meeting management, project plans, status reports and dashboards, risk and issue tracking, change requests and resource management.
• Collect data and report on technical metrics to be used to determine success factors using established project tools and processes during development and support.
If interested, please apply today!
• Must have 10 Years of overall IT experience.
• 8+ years of experience in business intelligence or analytics.
• Must have 5 Years of experience in Microsoft Power BI software installation, configuration, authentication and role-based authorization.
• Must have 5 Years of experience in Microsoft Power BI reports design, development and deployment
• Must have 5 Years of Microsoft SQL Server basic database administration such as backups, restores, T-SQL queries, indexing, performance tuning, stored procedures, user defined functions creation.
• Must have 5 Years of Microsoft SQL Integration Servers (SSIS) Extract, Load and Transform (ETL) packages creation, deployment and maintenance.
• knowledge on SFTP, FTPS, TLS protocols.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced Agile/Scrum environment.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to communicate with technical and business resources at many levels in a manner that supports progress and success.
• Ability to understand, appreciate and adapt to new business cultures and ways of working.
• Demonstrates initiative and works independently with minimal supervision.
Trillium has been recruiting and placing professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees and an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of quality and skilled professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Contact Us if you have any questions
One moment please while we grab your information.