Now hiring a Shuttle Liaison / Dispatcher for work in Lansing!
Trillium Staffing is now seeking a Shuttle Liasion / Dispatcher in the Lansing, MI area.
This is a 2nd shift position and hours are 3:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. (OT is expected, two Saturday’s on and one off, two on, one off through the end of the year) Possible temp-to-hire opportunity.
• Will provide front line supervision and administrative support for the location.
• Primarily responsible for the assignment of work to hourly personnel, maintain material flow to customer and operate within all DOT safety regulations as well as the attainment of daily operational goals within his/her assigned functional area.
• Independently assign driver duties.
• Manage, monitor and direct all daily activities to support customer production requirements.
• Coordinate a seamless shift change ensuring no catastrophic impact to plant production schedule (30%)
• Coordinate transportation operations with plant and drivers to include route modifications.
• Direct point of contact on site at customer’s location empowered to make decisions and use discretion to resolve issues supporting plant production.(30%)
• First point of contact for equipment failures, accidents, injuries.
• Initiates repair, notification to authorities, repower of loads and escalation to ensure no production delays at the customer.
• Prioritizes repair of specialized equipment with multiple vendors. (15%)
• Successfully complete administrative tasks, such as accurately recording driver arrival and departure times in the Logistics Management or Shuttle Management Systems to ensure accurate billing to the customer.
• Updating Daily Vehicle Inspection Log and complete daily shift passdown. (10%)
• Responsible for monitoring operations and making operational decisions in the absence of the Logistics Manager
• Ensure drivers are trained per safety procedures and have appropriate route specific information to include ISO procedures.
• Direct drivers to complete safety training as required.
• Perform daily safety audits, safety observations and driver ride alongs as required.
• Independently identify root cause of failures that impact customer and resolve issues expediently.
• Collaboratively participate in decision making regarding necessary process changes.
• Successfully implement process changes and monitor compliance. (5%)
• Perform other duties as assigned.
If interested, please apply today!
• HS Diploma, one year of experience in transportation, warehouse or distribution environment.
• Must possess strong written, verbal and communications skills.
• MS Office skills.
• Ability to pass pre-employment screenings.
Trillium has been recruiting and placing professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees and an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of quality and skilled professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Contact Us if you have any questions
One moment please while we grab your information.