Job no longer available
We're sorry. This job is no longer available.
Now hiring a Learning Technologies Administrator for work in Boston!
Trillium Technical is now seeking a Learning Technologies Administrator in Boston, MA!
As part of Educational Technology Services (ETS), the Learning Technologies (LT) Administrator participates in the operation, testing, and maintenance of scholarly systems in support of HBS’s academic mission. The LT Administrator is responsible for and provides technical leadership in support of the School’s learning technologies that are used for in-person, hybrid, and remote learning. The LT Administrator works closely with project teams and oversees testing and deployment of regular platform updates and upgrades. This position requires flexible shifts ranging from 10am-6pm to 12pm to 8pm, Monday-Friday.
• Answers all tier II support requests for learning technologies, with a focus on Zoom and Canvas;
• Escalates support requests to both HBS software development teams and third-party vendors, as required, and manages them to resolution;
• Engages with project teams to provide subject matter expertise, assist in development of user stories in alignment with customer use cases and service strategy, and acts as the voice of the customer;
• Manages a backlog of feature requests and defects through regular backlog grooming of applications in the service portfolio;
• Creates, maintains and executes a schedule of configuration changes, validation tasks and maintenance tasks to ensure seamless delivery of HBS academic programs;
• Works within the School’s existing infrastructure to assist in development, testing, and implementing of upgrades;
• Develops and maintains up-to-date documentation for the portfolio;
• Has deep knowledge of current industry trends, staying abreast of changes as they occur in order to provide leadership in that arena for the School;
• Develops strong relationships with faculty, students, support staff, instructional designers, and technical staff to ensure the effective use of tools to enhance learning;
• Participates in the evaluation of other instructional technology tools that might be used to supplement the current environment and;
• As a member of EATS, s/he may also be tasked with other job responsibilities and projects as needed.
If interested, please apply today!
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, technology, management information systems, computer engineering, or a similar degree with equivalent related work experience.
• 3 years of progressively responsible experience as an application administrator or end of the line support; experience with custom-built products preferred.
• 1-2 years experience with Zoom and Canvas platform administration
• 1-2 years experience with educational technology platform administration, instructional design principles, practices, and/or theories.
• Demonstrated understanding of product management and development principles, as well as the entire Software Development Life Cycle.
• Experience with other instructional technologies such as Qualtrics, and collaboration tools.
• Recent experience with the administration of Panopto and Kaltura, preferably in a higher education environment.
• Strong analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills.
• Demonstrates the following interpersonal attributes: adaptable, flexible; uses grace and tact under pressure; unflappable when confronting challenges; resilient; positive outlook and “can do” attitude; respectful and approachable style.
• Ability to work effectively with a team.
• Ability to troubleshoot and communicate effectively with faculty and staff with varying degrees of technical knowledge/aptitude.
• Ability to be flexible, open-minded, and comfortable with changing responsibilities and duties as new and additional needs become known.
• Experience with Windows, MacOS, iOS, and Android
Trillium has been recruiting and placing professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees and an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of quality and skilled professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
One moment please while we grab your information.