Job no longer available
We're sorry. This job is no longer available.
Now hiring a Senior Systems Administrator for work in Cambridge!
Trillium Technical is now seeking a Senior Systems Administrator for work in Cambridge, MA!
Operations and Maintenance Activities (90%)
• Manage the daily operations and maintenance of servers and related infrastructure supporting enterprise applications, administrative databases, file and print services, DHCP, and security management software suite.
• Ensure the security and reliability of systems and related infrastructure by timely patching and upgrade of Linux and Windows systems; schedule and coordinate monthly and quarterly patching (Unix with Windows)
• Perform general system configuration, maintenance, and optimization of server, storage and backup infrastructure.
• Oversee the management & maintenance of Active Directory services. Ensure the ongoing security and reliability of directory services; recommend best practices in the application of security policies and schema management; and collaborate on the integration of applications and databases with directory services.
• Support datacenter backup operations. Ensure the integrity of the backups; conduct performance tuning; recommend media and application upgrades; consult with vendor technical support to troubleshoot and resolve issues; and integrate new systems into backup network.
• Collaborate with the Associate Director of Infrastructure and Systems on the maintenance and management of the datacenter network, including firewall, vlans, VMware infrastructure, storage network, and DHCP & DNS services
• Serve as a primary technical resource for Office 365 email and collaboration suite. Liaise with the University’s Information Technology (HUIT) Windows, Unified Communications and Identity Management teams to identify and resolve service and access issues. Work closely with GSE’s Service Center staff to troubleshoot end user issues and coordinate remediation efforts.
• Oversee the endpoint management systems (SCCM/JAMF) and security management software suite (Crowdstrike) to ensure endpoints are appropriately secured, inventoried and software is up-to-date. Provide guidance and best practices for the desktop support staff on leveraging these technologies.
• Participate in the evaluation, testing and implementation of new technology platforms.
• Ensure standardized processes and procedures are documented and followed to maintain integrity of systems and consistency of service.
• Participate in cross-functional initiatives impacting GSE’s network infrastructure; troubleshoot network connectivity issues, work with HUIT NOC on problem resolution and integration issues.
• Regular on-call rotation and occasional off-hours work required
Strategic Activities (10%)
• Create roadmaps for assigned projects and tasking.
• Develop and recommend strategies for cloud migration, disaster recovery and business continuity
• Support and train junior staff. Follow-up on assigned tasking.
This is a potential temp-to-hire for the right candidate. If interested, please apply today!
• A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other technical discipline
• Any desktop imaging experience (SCCM or MDT)
• Six plus years’ experience administering, securing and tuning enterprise systems (Windows, Unix and Linux), storage and backup systems, and datacenter networks.
• Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS EC2, S3, RDs)
• Strong experience configuring and maintaining systems hardware and software, including blade and rack servers; storage solutions, filesystems and protocols (SAN, NAS, iSCSI, SMB and CIFS); and backup technologies (tape libraries, removable media, archiving, snapshots and deduplication)
• • Strong experience managing and securing Windows networking and Active Directory services, including LDAP, Kerberos, CA and DNS
• Strong PowerShell or VBScript experience for automating processes required.
• Strong working knowledge of OSI model, network protocols, physical & virtual switching, and firewall technologies
• Prior experience supporting VMware 4.x or 5.x environments
• Proven experience managing datacenter firewalls
• Experience conducting vulnerability scans and coordinating remediation efforts
• Excellent troubleshooting and diagnostic skills
• Proven track record of meeting project deadlines
• Hands on experience with Cisco IOS or Junos OS
• Prior experience in an academic or research computing environment
Trillium has been recruiting and placing professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees and an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of quality and skilled professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
One moment please while we grab your information.