Job no longer available
We're sorry. This job is no longer available.
Now hiring a Software Engineer for direct-hire placement!
Trillium Technical is now seeking a Software Engineer for direct-hire placement!
Excellent opportunity to join a world-leading designer and manufacturer of Ship Motion Control Systems. Technically interesting product line for the worldwide commercial ship, military ship and luxury yacht market sectors. We are a dynamic team of professionals supplying our highly successful technology-based products worldwide. We are seeking an organized, efficient, self-starter with an enthusiastic attitude to join our Engineering team.
This role is for Software Engineer with a strong background in embedded control systems to assist in software and system development. The successful candidate will become a member of a highly skilled team working on a variety of interesting and challenging projects.
• Implementing real-time distributed control systems (for stabilizing ship motions)
• Graphical User Interface/UX design
• Technical reports and documentation
• Full spectrum of product development: concept, requirement gathering, specification, design, implementation, test, debug, production, and support
• Champion product quality and assume responsibility for timeliness of project completion
• Occasional field support to evaluate, test, calibrate, and commission select systems onboard ships
• Other duties reasonably assigned
If interested, please apply today!
• BS Computer Science/Computer Engineering/Electrical Engineering
• Minimum 10 years of experience developing real-time embedded control systems
• Excellent proficiency with C
• C++ a plus
• Knowledge of control theory, including PID loops, and signal processing
• Experience with microprocessors and microcontrollers
• Experience integrating devices such as controllers, sensors, and motor drives
• Knowledge of communications technologies and protocols such as CAN bus and RS-232/485
• Performing A/D & D/A conversions and communicating with peripherals
• Specific knowledge of Intel, ARM, and Microchip PIC devices
• Experience with Graphical User Interface/UX design
• Knowledge of version control systems such as GIT or Subversion
• Knowledge of real-time operating systems
• Experience with LabVIEW/or MATLAB
• Marine experience (Naval, Coast Guard or Merchant Marine service)
• Experience with control of electric and hydraulic actuators and devices
• Knowledge of scripting languages such as shell scripts or Python
• Knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTPS, and web development
Trillium has been recruiting and placing professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees and an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of quality and skilled professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
One moment please while we grab your information.