Job no longer available
We're sorry. This job is no longer available.
Now hiring a Mechanical Designer / Project Manager for work in the Lapeer, MI area!
Trillium Staffing is now looking for a Mechanical Designer / Project Manager.
This is a temp-to-hire opening. Hours are 8am-5pm and the pay is $20-$25 an hour depending on experience.
Main job duties:
• Calculate dimensions and tolerances.
• Machine parts to specifications using tools such as lathes, boring mills, drill presses, and sanders.
• Measure, examine, and test completed parts in order to ensure conformance to specifications.
• Setup, adjust, and operate all of the basic machine tools in order to perform precision machining operations..
• Select the appropriate tools, machines, and material to be used in preparation of machining work.
• Layout, measure, and metal mark stock in order to display placement of cuts.
• Check work pieces to ensure that they are properly lubricated and cooled.
• Understanding and following the customer mechanical standards.
• Fit and assemble parts.
• Prepare working sketches for illustration of parts.
• Operate equipment to verify operational efficiency.
• Operate equipment in a safe manner.
• Work and maintain a clean work environment.
Financial and budgetary responsibility
• Ensure correct hours are recorded on correct jobs.
• Evaluate prints and recommend changes or modifications for improving efficiency to produce parts.
• Assists with Lesson Learned Meetings to improve the overall knowledge in the group.
• Considering the related costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
• Support and assists with job schedules.
• Assists with Product Change Evaluation and Documentation.
• Maintain a job folder for each job, including Bill Of Materials (BOM) and stock list.
• Ensure part changes “RED LINES” are maintained on part prints and returned to the designer.
• Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
• Watching gauges, dial, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
• Using mathematics to solve problems.
• Determine causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it (Trouble shooting).
• Conduct test and inspections of product and processes to evaluate quality and performance.
• Being an active listener and learner, understanding the points being made and asking questions.
• Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions.
• Managing one’s own time and time of others.
If interested, please apply today!
• Must have served as a machinist and have 10 years of manufacturing experience or have the equivalent skills.
• Must possess a basic working knowledge of plant machinery, Microsoft Windows, Word, and Excel.
• Must be familiar with the overall requirements of a project.
• Ability to pass pre-employment screenings.
Trillium Technical has been recruiting and placing Engineering professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees with an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of Engineering professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
One moment please while we grab your information.