Job no longer available
We're sorry. This job is no longer available.
Now hiring a Heavy Civil Estimator for direct-hire in Phoenix!
Trillium Staffing is now seeking a Heavy Civil Estimator
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Review bid packages to determine scope of work and proposal response requirements.
• Perform and evaluate accurate quantity takeoffs for Lite demo, Cut & Fill, building pads, concrete and finish grading, ABC and Asphalt Paving.
• Visit most jobsites as part of your bid preparation.
• Build complete production driven cost estimates based on the labor, equipment, and material resources required to fulfill the scope of work.
• Review design and specifications for value engineering/optimization opportunities and recommend a bid strategy that complies with the scope of work and provides best value to the customer.
• Analyze subcontractor and material quotes for responsiveness to the Quote Request and project scope of work.
• Identify bid qualifications, risks, and assumptions along with quantities and pricing.
• Participate in estimate reviews and presentations to Senior Managers and executive management.
• Ensure estimates are performed in accordance with Company practices and standards.
• Support other department personnel as required - may include preparing or assisting with estimates in other civil construction disciplines.
• Prepare responses to Request for Qualifications (RFQ’s) and Request for Proposals (RFP’s).
• Maintain estimate files according to company/division estimating standards.
• Follow up on bids submitted with the appropriate decision makers and “sell” the Company’s ability to be the preferred contractor for our scope of work.
• Enhance existing and develop new Customer relationships.
This is a direct-hire opportunity. The pay is $60,000.00 per year + DOE. If interested, please apply today!
• 2 to 5+ years of related experience in heavy civil construction / estimating.
• Knowledge of estimating techniques, cost control and material pricing.
• Strong all-around knowledge of civil sitework, earthwork, ABC install and Asphalt Paving.
• Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
• Able to travel occasionally and perform tasks independently with little or no supervision.
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office products (e.g. Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
• 2+ years experience using Agtek Software for Earthwork/Sitework Takeoff’s
• 2+ years Reading and Comprehending Soils Reports
Trillium has been recruiting and placing professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees and an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of quality and skilled professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
One moment please while we grab your information.