Job no longer available
We're sorry. This job is no longer available.
Now hiring a Project Controls Analyst for work in Boston!
Trillium Technical is now seeking a Project Controls Analyst for work in Boston, MA!
The Project Controls Analyst will assist the Program Manager/Director of Modernization with project coordination by tracking and providing insight to Project Controls functions (budget, schedule, document controls etc.) and applying problem solving skills to mitigate risk. The Project Controls Analyst will lead in tracking and managing the program budget during the implementation of HASTUS BidWeb, an electronic tool used by Bus and Rail Operators to pick their work and vacation on a quarterly basis.
This position will perform the following activities and examples, as well as other related tasks as the needs arise.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Implement reporting tools, review, control, and closeout processes related to Program budget, schedule, and document controls.
• Support in briefing and reporting of project status with senior management.
• Financial Oversight
o Utilize Financial management systems (FMIS/CMS) to track cost report content and manage project summaries.
o Track, report and provide insight to leadership on the Program financial status and activities.
o Perform weekly and monthly budget audits and analyses and prepare a metrics driven monthly Report for Expenditures, Program Accrual Costs, Program Cash Flow, Program Funding and develop any other Program financial tools needed to ensure Program Finances are aligned suitably.
o Assist Program Manager with analysis of contingencies utilization scenarios, provide insight to leadership, and manage changes to contingencies and any other Program funding reallocations.
o Assist to review new business proposals to develop manpower and cost estimates.
o Oversee invoicing processes, payments, and accruals.
• Document Controls
o Maintain Document Control Plan and Program folder structure.
o Revise, monitor, and exercise configuration control of contract and project documents.
o Assist with review and analysis of Program Schedule and activities; assisting Program Manager with monitoring project schedules against actual progress, by comparing baseline and report progress against the schedule, forecasting impacts of proposed changes on schedules.
o Assist Project Managers with work around and mitigation strategies for implementation by Program Team.
• Work any and all shifts and / or locations as assigned or directed. This may include shifts outside of regular working hours starting early morning, finishing late night and weekend shifts.
• Work at various locations within 15 miles radius from Boston. This may involve traveling by train or vehicle to various locations (*).
• Uphold the rights and interests of the Authority while building and maintaining effective relationships with employees.
• Perform related duties and projects as assigned and report on status.
If interested, please apply today!
• 3+ years of experience with budget management, analysis and reporting.
• A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Business Management, Business Administration, Public Administration, Engineering, or related field.
• Advance excel skills (An excel evaluation will be part of candidate selection prior to interview)
• Demonstrated data-driven decision-making skills and a willingness to make test and-learn hypotheses.
• Proficiency with program management/tracking tools used to develop program plans (schedule) and manage risks.
• Effective organizational, analytical, confidentiality, quantitative, writing, multitasking and time management skills.
• Effective team management and development skills.
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically and work in a team environment.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively manage and motivate staff, particularly in a public sector environment.
• Demonstrated ability to supervise and work effectively with a diverse workforce.
• Handle sensitive and confidential information in an appropriate manner.
• Ability to travel to locations throughout the service area.
• Have a satisfactory work record for the two (2) years immediately prior to the closing date of this posting, including overall employment, job performance, discipline and safety records (infractions and or/offenses occurring after the closing of the posting and before the filling of a vacancy may preclude a candidate from consideration for selection).
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
• Experience with Financial Tracking Systems FMIS and CMS.
• Experience with enterprise Project/Portfolio Management (schedules, Gannt Chats, cost loaded schedules, resource loaded schedules) such as Microsoft Project, Primavera P6, Synchro, Smart Sheets,
• Experience with Program management/tracking tools used to analyze risk such as Palisades’s
Trillium has been recruiting and placing professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees and an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of quality and skilled professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
One moment please while we grab your information.