Now hiring a Powertrain EE Triage and Validation Engineer in Auburn Hills!
Trillium Technical is now seeking a Powertrain EE Triage and Validation Engineer for work in Auburn Hills!
The Powertrain EE Triage/Validation Engineer will be point person from Powertrain EE to field, investigate and resolve fleet durability issues and FFB issues relative to the Powertrain EE system, to minimize fleet downtime. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Provide onsite build support for various stages of mules, pilots, and launches
• Execute Powertrain EE development DVPR tests to validate calibration / software releases prior to release for builds.
• Work with primary release engineers to investigate, analyze, and resolve Powertrain EE system issues.
• Developing, testing, and validating vehicle based calibrations that achieve successful world class End of Line (EOL) testing of powertrain propulsion systems. Typical duties include planning, generating, and verifying EOL & Rolls/Dyno calibrations during engineering development, pilot phases and final vehicle assembly plant environments.
• Work cross functionally with engine development, powertrain controls, vehicle program teams and vehicle manufacturing teams to identify and implement calibration solutions that achieve vehicle & powertrain program requirements.
• Travel up to 4-6 weeks per year for prototype builds thru V1 production launch support utilizing flexible work hours (2nd or 3rd shift) to coincide with manufacturing plant operation needs.
• Note: Vehicle assembly plants supported are global and international travel is a requirement. (Candidate Must be able to travel unrestricted globally to Europe, South America, Asia & Mexico while possessing proper documentation to work in the United States)
The engineer will be expected to utilize a variety of tools to complete their tasks & duties such as:
• IBOX , DCPLOT, Plot, HIL
• Industry standard calibration tools (ETAS INCA, MATLAB)
• Assembly plant EOL specific test tools/systems such as Dynetics, DSA, Manufacturing Work Cell Controllers, Rolls/Dyno testers (Burke-Porter, Dominion, Durr & DSA)
If interested, please apply today!
• Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent from an ABET accredited University. (Master’s degree preferred).
• Should have 1-3 years of experience in diagnostic systems calibration development.
• Fundamental knowledge of internal combustion engines, electrified systems, hybrid electric and transmission systems as they relate to calibrations.
• Exposure to MATLAB or SIMULINK
• Proficient in MS Office or Google computer presentation software programs
• Knowledge and understanding of CAN Communication protocols
• Will be required to drive a company car. A valid driver’s license is required as well as a clean driving record.
• Will be required to travel domestically and internationally up to 20%
Trillium Technical has been recruiting and placing Engineering professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees with an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of Engineering professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Contact Us if you have any questions
One moment please while we grab your information.