Now hiring a Powertrain Design Release Engineer in Auburn Hills!
Trillium Technical is now seeking a Powertrain Design Release Engineer for work in Auburn Hills!
Responsible for key Core Engine structural components such as cylinder heads, cylinder blocks, oil pans, front covers, valve covers, and exhaust manifolds. This is a key position within our Core Engine Engineering team. Activities include developing components, managing and directing changes, carrying out engineering root cause analyses and corrective actions when necessary, and working with our engine manufacturing plants to launch quality products.
The Design and Release Engineer will work closely with manufacturing engineering, designers, and CAE groups to optimize designs. They will use the DFMEA to identify and rate risks and build a robust DVP&R to ensure testing is completed to reach reliability goals. They will initiate source packages, hold APQP meetings during the development phase, order prototype parts, carry out and monitor DV and PV testing, and participate in post-test engine reviews including failure analysis. The Design and Release engineer is involved in all aspects of product launch including component, system, engine, and vehicle testing, manufacturing reviews, development of service procedures, production launch, change management, and continuous improvement.
If interested, please apply today!
• Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering.
• Knowledge of design tools and practices, e.g. CAD, CAE, CFD, FEA, GD&T is required.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills as well as experience with basic PC software (e.g. MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint Project, or Google Suite).
• Highly self motivated, self-directed, have the ability to manage multiple complex projects, and have a positive attitude.
• 3+ years engineering experience.
• Good working knowledge of engine operation required.
• 0-20% travel will be required, mostly local, with occasional trips to facilities in the US, Canada and Mexico.
Trillium Technical has been recruiting and placing Engineering professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees with an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of Engineering professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Contact Us if you have any questions
One moment please while we grab your information.