Now hiring a Powertrain Design Release Engineer for work in Auburn Hills!
Trillium Technical is now seeking a Powertrain Design Release Engineer for work in Auburn Hills!
Design and Release Engineer (DRE) - As part of the engine adaptation team the intake system team is responsible for designing, developing and releasing intake manifolds, engine mounted charge air coolers, charge air ducts and purge valves. The engineer will work closely with designers, CAE groups, engine calibration, suppliers and manufacturing to design components and systems to ensure designs are robust for function and manufacturing.
Scope of responsibility includes product design from concept to launch, components/system packaging, releasing 2D drawing and 3D models, performance specifications and production product issue resolution. Creating and maintaining the DFMEA and DVP as well as conducting center of excellence reviews for design robustness. The engineer will be involved with current production components in addition to future development programs.
If interested, please apply today!
• Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, Applied Physics, or equivalent from an ABET accredited university
• Minimum three years of engineering experience
• Basic understanding of Internal Combustion Engine Operation
• Engineer must have excellent communication and presentation skills as well as experience with basic PC software (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project)
• Knowledge of releasing process, DFMEA’s, DVP’s and root cause analysis methodologies
• Will be required to drive a company car. A valid driver’s license is required as well as a clean driving record. Will be required to travel domestically and internationally up to 20%
• Master of Science in Applied Physics, Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace, Industrial, or Computer Engineering, or related Engineering field from an ABET accredited university
• Additional experience in one or more of the following: intake manifolds, engine fuel systems, exhaust gas recirculation systems, engine throttle and/or emission systems experience with plastic components, metal stampings and castings, and/or OEM experience with advanced quality tools such as a DFMEA, DVPR, function models and/or NX CAD skills
• Passion, interest and hands on working knowledge of cars and engines desired
• Experience releasing components at an OEM or Tier 1 suppliers
• Experience with 3D FEA and flow analysis
Trillium Technical has been recruiting and placing Engineering professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees with an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of Engineering professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Contact Us if you have any questions
One moment please while we grab your information.