Job no longer available
We're sorry. This job is no longer available.
Now hiring an Automotive Commodity Buyer for direct-hire in New Baltimore!
Trillium Technical is now seeking an Automotive Commodity Buyer for direct-hire placement!
The Automotive Commodity Buyer is responsible for developing, maintaining, and investigating potential new production material suppliers as well as current suppliers for new and existing programs.
• Identify, quote, and source steel either through customer resale programs or directly for all stampings needed in the facility.
• Responsible for the process of sourcing raw material, components, spare parts, and services from suppliers based upon best overall value and ability to support the quality and delivery expectations.
• Create purchase orders, request for quotations, and work with various departments within the division to ensure all production requirements are met.
• Manage customer steel resale programs, contract management, and assist Finance in dispute resolution
• Maintain quarterly pricing updates for CRU pricing material
• Maintain the ERP system to be accurate at all times relating to supplier part costs and purchase orders
• Work closely with divisional, customer, and supplier staff specialists to develop, plan, improve, and implement new and current business projects within the supply base.
• Establish solid, multiple sources to ensure continuous supply and availability of commodities identified to support the needs of the division and initiate requests for quotation with suppliers
• Responsible to oversee division cost breakdown model
• Oversee and approve supplier quotations and recommend awards for purchase orders and contracts
• Actively participate in review meetings to ensure the successful launch of new products, processes, and tools
• Maintain supplier capacity information and update quarterly
• Resolve variances between purchase orders and invoices when Finance requires assistance
• Oversee completion of supplier assessments as required
• Other duties as required
If interested, please apply today!
• Bachelor’s degree in Purchasing, Supply Chain, or Business discipline
• 4 years of experience in Automotive Manufacturing Purchasing and Supply Chain
• Must have Automotive Raw Material Commodity Buyer experience.
• Automotive Steel experience to Identify, quote, and source steel either through customer resale programs or directly for all stampings needed in the facility.
• Excellent supplier and employee relations experience.
• Able to manage and schedule multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
• Strong presentation experience both written and verbal to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, employees, suppliers, and customers.
• Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Purchasing database applications.
• Able to work flexible hours and overtime.
Trillium Technical has been recruiting and placing Engineering professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees with an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of Engineering professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
One moment please while we grab your information.