Now hiring a Senior Systems Administrator for work in Boston!
Trillium Technical is now seeking a Senior Systems Administrator for work in Boston, MA!
The Senior Systems Administrator will support daily operation consisting of two data centers, 80 station locations and 60 users, in a 24/7 environment. Will assist Systems Managers as needed on project related work.
The selected candidate will:
• Ensure maximum up time by addressing critical issues as they arise. Must have excellent troubleshooting, multi-tasking and analytical skills.
• Ensure availability of all systems devices by responding to and addressing service tickets in Service
Now. Rectifying issues either remotely thru Bomgar, or at various station and garage locations.
• Monitor, support and maintain hardware and software for Windows-based servers, including preventative maintenance, security patches and other system updates.
• Maintain the corporate physical and virtual environment including VMWare vSphere 5.5, and EMC VNX5200s.
• Manage group policy, active directory and user accounts.
• Setup, configure, and perform day-to-day maintenance and administration of Windows systems (Windows XP/7 and Windows Server 2003/2008/2012). Maintain Windows best practices, anti-virus, firmware upgrades, and patch management for Windows operating systems.
• Must have extensive experience with system security requirements and server hardening practices including Bit9/Carbon Black. Verify agents are effectively communicating and address issues that have been white listed in a time sensitive operation.
• Maintain a PC/ compliant environment. Review monthly scan results, determine remedy, test impact and
remediate vulnerabilities. Work collectively with Security team.
• Support corporate system audits by maintaining accurate, comprehensive documentation and provide timely responses to requests. Support Change Management process by adhering to guidelines and by providing concise documentation.
• Monitor and manage a custom fare collection application and complete monthly tasks such as file imports, processing shift event files and purging in a time sensitive manner.
• Thorough understanding and experience with WSUS.
• Experience managing Symantec Endpoint Protection.
• Understanding of Oracle database and/or Oracle Linux system management a plus.
• Experience using monitoring tools such as Solar winds, Lansweeper and Tenable.
• Manage test lab including scheduling resources, coordinating testing of releases, upgrading hardware, and other activity ultimately emulating fare collection production environment.
• Support hardware (such as workstations, encoding equipment, handheld validators) and software for equipment in the field and at third-party vendor locations.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
• Must have ability to document processes so they are repeatable; document, maintain and communicate activities completed; prepare project documentation and tracking, etc. Should be proficient with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
• Must work well with others, take initiative, and follow instructions.
If interested, please apply today!
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems or a related field.
• Minimum ten (10) years of experience with information technology systems including 5+ years of production Windows Operating System support.
• Must pass a background screening.
Trillium has been recruiting and placing professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees and an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of quality and skilled professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Contact Us if you have any questions
One moment please while we grab your information.