Trillium Staffing has an opening for an HR Generalist in Bloomington, IL!
Trillium Staffing is hiring for an HR Generalist.
The HR Generalist will perform general human resource functions, specifically employee-focused, while taking responsibility for all broad-spectrum HR activities and employee relations.
Responsibilities will include:
• Directing employment activities insuring qualified employees are properly recruited, interviewed, and hired, and appropriate records are preserved.
• Developing and supervising training programs and administering new employee orientation and indoctrination programs.
• Coordinating and participating with facility managers/supervisors in corrective actions/termination proceedings.
• Coordinating and partnering with HSE to manage employee health, safety and
• Establishing/maintaining all essential records and files for effective HR functions in accordance with all governmental retention guidelines.
• Keeping employees informed of HR policies and changes.
• Seeking employee feedback through conducting focus group meetings, monthly plant meetings, and one-on-one conversations.
• Identifying opportunities to increase employee engagement and morale.
• Providing counsel to employees on HR/personal matters.
• Serving as a resource to resolve issues between managers/supervisors and employees.
• Assisting in the weekly and monthly payroll process, as needed
• Educating employees and facilitate their use of special benefits (Educational Assistance Program, Vehicle Purchase Plans, and 401(k) loans).
• Conducting HR compliance audits to ensure thoroughness and accuracy of records.
• Serving as a liaison between employees and insurance broker/providers to understand and resolve questions with medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), and other corporate benefits.
• Organizing special events for the plant.
• Supporting special projects as assigned.
• Understanding and implementing the health, safety, and environmental policies, and integrates health, safety, and environmental considerations into daily work activities.
This is a first shift position, 7am – 3:30pm, Monday - Friday. Flexibility in hours will be required to interact with plant employees on second and third shift. Pay will range from $20-$25/hour based on experience. This position is full time and temp-to-hire.
If interested, please apply today!
-Minimum B.S. Degree in Human Resources or Business Administration.
-Two years or more of Human Resource generalist experience, PHR or SPHR preferred.
-Working knowledge of applicable state and federal employment regulations.
-Basic knowledge of OSHA
-Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
-PC Skills required, especially knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
-Liimited travel may be required.
-Overtime may be required to allow for interaction with shift employees.
Trillium has been recruiting and placing professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees and an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of quality and skilled professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Contact Us if you have any questions
One moment please while we grab your information.