Now hiring a Controls Specialist for work in Detroit!
Trillium Technical is now seeking a Controls Specialist for work in Detroit!
The Controls Specialist will be responsible to research, develop and implement Manufacturing Engineering Controls and Robotics (MECR) standards and specifications. The Controls Specialist will lead & support the development of these specifications. Additionally, the specialist will be required to present and educate others regarding technical innovations and specification roll-out. Support production and launch events as a technical expert in all applicable controls applications. Additionally, the scope of this work will span the core functions of MECR in the Body Shop, Paint and General Assembly. They will be the liaison between MECR, ICT and Plant management team members. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
The Controls Specialist will be responsible for the development and implementation of MECR standards and specifications focused on:
• IT Network Design strategies; Logic, HMI and visual display development strategies; Upper level (IT) interfaces to plant floor PLCs; Diagnostic visualization strategies; Technical innovation research; Solution testing and validation; Specification documentation
• Project Management;
o Responsible for project timing and goals; Provide direction to resources; Monitor projects; Report status of projects during regular team meetings; Coordinate with others to overcome
• Support Plants during down time events
o Subject Matter Expert (SME) for all controls related applications; Support for all controls equipment found within the plant environment; Liaison between ME and Plant employees
• Support WCT
o PDES (Process Design); Research PFS systems; Design Layout of PFS systems; Design Safety Reviews
o EEM (Early Equipment Management); MPI Investigation participation
o FI (Focused Improvement, Kaizens, Suggestions….); Participate in the WCM Suggestions Program; Lead or participate in 3 Kaizens annually
o INN (Innovation Pillar); Support innovation projects as applicable; DM (Digital Manufacturing Pillar); Reduction in Non-Value Added Activities (NVAA); Support initiatives for Virtual Validation; Support as required
If interested, please apply today!
• Minimum High School Diploma or GED required
• 5 years Controls experience OR a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Management Information Systems
• Minimum 5+ years of Manufacturing Engineering and Launch experience with an emphasis on Controls Engineering, IT Engineering, PLC programming and network management
• Experience supervising or leading a team of technicians/engineers
• Strong and proficient project management experience
• Strong and proficient understanding of PLC Programing: Rockwell Logix, Siemens S7, TIA Portal
• Strong and proficient understanding of HMI Development: Factory Talk View, WinCC and TIA Portal
• Master’s degree in a related field
• Strong and proficient understanding of Controls electrical design CAD software (ePlan /AutoCAD)
• Experience developing bid packages for new equipment
• Ability to coordinate the installation of Controls related equipment
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, SharePoint, Access, Outlook and SQL)
• Computer programming skills;
o C Sharp
o Visual Basic
Trillium Technical has been recruiting and placing Engineering professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees with an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of Engineering professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Contact Us if you have any questions
One moment please while we grab your information.