Now hiring a Material Handling Engineering Specialist for work in Detroit!
Trillium Technical is now seeking a Material Handling Engineering Specialist for work in Detroit, MI!
The Material Handling Engineering Specialist is responsible for managing new model and existing platform rack programs. The Engineer will work with Corporate Material Handling Engineering (CHME) to ensure quality and delivery and buy off for racks/containers on a timely basis. The Material Handling Engineer Specialist responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Maintain existing fleet of racks along with all personnel industrial vehicle equipment including Hi-Lo’s, Tuggers, System Guided Vehicles, and Automated Guided Vehicles.
• Supervise Jitney PIV garage along with providing direction to maintenance/repair to Low Cost Automation Team.
• Manage container return system within the plant and eliminate cardboard.
• Partner with plant ergonomics and safety to establish standards which support World Class Manufacturing initiatives.
If interested, please apply today!
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Prior experience in material flow systems, design, managing, and purchasing
• Experience with installation of material handling equipment such as Rack indexers, turn tables, over/unders shuttles and conveyors
• Must be able to interface fluently with all levels of plant personnel
• Ability to write projects
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
• Bachelor’s degree in Package Engineering or related Engineering degree
• Advanced or Master’s degree preferred (Supply Chain Management, Logistics Engineering)
• CAS design is a plus
• Supervisory experience
Trillium Technical has been recruiting and placing Engineering professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees with an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of Engineering professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Contact Us if you have any questions
One moment please while we grab your information.