Job no longer available
We're sorry. This job is no longer available.
Senior Network Engineer needed for direct hire career opportunity in Germantown, MD!
Trillium Technical has a direct hire career opportunity for an experienced Senior Network Engineer in Germantown, MD!
The Senior Network Engineer will be responsible for:
Design, deploy and maintain functional networks (LAN, WLAN, WAN).
Solid understanding of dark fiber transport and DWDM technology and equipment.
Familiarity with Tier 1 service providers, circuits, terminology.
Administration of a variety of network equipment including but not limited to
• Cisco ASA and Firepower firewalls, Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS)
• Palo Alto firewalls, Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS)
• Cisco network routers
• Cisco Catalyst and Nexus switches
• Dell switches
• Alcatel OMNISWITCH switches
• Aruba wireless systems
• DWDM/Layer 1 equipment
• Load Balancers
Extensive Layer 2 and Layer 3 knowledge & experience (including virtualized infrastructure).
Diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve escalated issues.
Monitor, tune and optimize network performance and integrity.
Ensure security updates and software patches applied in a timely manner.
Conduct routine network capacity, performance and scaling analysis & planning.
Automate routine tasks and monitor effectiveness.
Develop, validate and maintain documentation.
Participate in team on-call rotation.
Participate and lead team project initiatives to update architecture, perform fleet upgrades, drive new data center builds & expansions, add new technology, etc.
Mentor junior team members on technologies, process and leadership.
Lead and supervise as directed by management.
Hands on experience in production security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management, content filtering, etc.
Create, oversee and test security measures.
Configure and troubleshoot security infrastructure devices.
Experience with network security, networking technologies and with system, security, and network monitoring tools.
Solid understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols.
Customer DR Test Support
Active participation in customer pre-test planning meetings.
Close coordination with other internal teams (Cloud, Mainframe, Power Systems, Hosting, Test Management, etc.) in preparation of events.
Setup and teardown of network infrastructures for customer Disaster Recovery exercises.
Provide technical support during customer exercises.
Ability to work pre-scheduled alternate shifts to accommodate customer testing.
Additional responsibilities include: pre-sales/sales support for network and customer onboarding
• Position requires BS in a technical field or equivalent experience.
• Technical certifications such as CCNA or better in Cisco Data Center is a plus.
• CCNP in Routing and Switching or Security are preferred but CCNA Routing and Switching is acceptable with demonstrated experience.
• 8-12 years proven industry-related experience as a Senior Network Engineer or Senior Network Administrator
• Professional Certification (CCNP, CCNP Security, CCIE, etc.)
• Solid background in network administration and architecture
• In-depth understanding of communication protocols (mainly TCP/IP) and routing protocols (BGB, EIGRP, OSPF)
• Familiarity with access control models and network security
• Experience with network diagnostic, monitoring and analysis tools (e.g. Solarwinds, network tools, Netflow, Wireshark, iPerf, etc.)
• Solid understanding of network operating systems (Cisco IOS, NX-OS, JUNOS, PAN OS)
• IPv4 and IPv6 experience; DNS configuration and administration
• Sharp troubleshooting skills
• Ability to work independently
• Team player and contributor
• Possess solid problem solving skills
• Ability to work under pressure and shift priorities to meet tactical business objectives in a dynamic environment
• Organizational and mentoring skills
• Effective communicator orally and in writing – essential skill for this customer facing role
• Clearance not required; however, must eligible to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance
• Must be able to pass a background check
Additional experience in any of the following areas is a plus:
• Fiber Channel infrastructure and switch configuration
• Cloud environment
• Cisco ACI/SDN technologies
• Data center
• Knowledge of any coding languages for scripting (e.g. Python, Perl)
• Experience with FedRAMP environment
• Experience with VoIP systems
Trillium has been recruiting and placing professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees and an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of quality and skilled professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
One moment please while we grab your information.