Job no longer available
We're sorry. This job is no longer available.
Now hiring a Quality Supervisor for work in the Detroit area!
Trillium Technical is now seeking a Quality Supervisor for work in Detroit, MI!
The Quality Supervisor is an integral part of a company whose focus is to change the automotive landscape. The Supervisor will be responsible for supervising a group of UAW represented employees. He/She will be responsible for ensuring that process controls are in place to meet all corporate standards and for preventing the outflow of defects from the process. The Quality Supervisor is responsible for creating, implementing and sustaining vehicle control plans to prevent the outflow of defects to the customer.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Daily auditing across all shifts to hold Team Members and Team Leaders accountable up to and including issuing discipline as required
• Identify need for process improvements/procedures required
• Document conditions found and identify opportunities for process improvement
• Take over from PPR process after J1 (drive closure of open J1 issues and ensure plants comply with Quality/MQGR standards)
• Develop and enhance PPR & audit checklists over time
• Perform process audits based on internal and external quality indicators, leveraging standard checklists questions - audit the entire system a minimum of three times per year (3,679+ questions for 39+ processes)
• Monitor all new or enhanced regulatory and corporate requirements and update process checklist and lead implementation
• Assist in root cause, containment and corrective actions for all quality related issues
• Achieve timely completion of containment corrective actions (Performance action notices) Collaborate with Subject Matter Experts and utilize problem solving tools in day-to-day operations to drive issue resolution
• Creates, implements and sustains vehicle control plans to prevent the outflow of defects to customers
• Recommends and implements simple cost-effective error/mistake proofing strategies
• Support manufacturing facilities with launch readiness assessments and implementation methodology for compliance to requirements
• Serve as liaison between plants and engineering. Conduct training (development, implementation) for plant personnel on quality requirements
If interested, please apply today!
• Bachelor Degree required in related field, preferred in technical, engineering, or business related
• Demonstrated planning/problem solving skills and enforce quality initiatives and make it better
• Ability to work a flexible shift schedule for 1st (6a-2p) and 2nd (4p-12a) shift
• Experience and working knowledge of computer systems and software with strong knowledge of MS Office or Google Office
• At some point may be able to travel 10%, possible use of a company pool car
• Manufacturing / Assembly Plant experience
• Two (2) years of quality related experience
• Lead Auditor Certifications and Practical experience
• Supervisory experience of hourly personnel
• Basic Knowledge of Statistics
• Previous Leadership experience is a plus
• Engineering degree or equivalent
Trillium Technical has been recruiting and placing Engineering professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees with an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of Engineering professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
One moment please while we grab your information.