Now hiring a Purchaser for direct-hire in Belgrade!
Trillium Staffing is recruiting for a direct hire Purchaser for our client in Belgrade, MT.
Compensation for this position is expected to be in the $50,000 per yera range but can vary based upon credentials. Position will report to the COO. The schedule will be 1st shift from 8am-5pm, with some flexibility required.
• Convert sales orders from Sales team into purchase orders by verifying specifications and price; obtaining recommendations from suppliers for substitute items if products are unavailable, obtaining approval from requisitioning salesman;
• Request hard copy sales order acknowledgement or invoice with pricing and ship dates from vendor and update existing PO to reflect invoiced pricing and ETA of receipt in the Company’s ordering software;
• Request hard copy quotes when needed for Sales team;
• Search available products to find the best combination of quality, price, and delivery;
• Negotiate pricing and delivery schedules with various suppliers;
• Update costs of products in the Company’s sales software with approval from the Chief Executive Officer (CEO);
• For No Charge purchasing or the Company replacement cost for Company error, keep Log or records of cost per job number;
• Package all hardware orders into job specific boxes with job number visible;
• Monitor stock levels and replenish as needed per production needs;
• Maintain accurate records and assist in inventory control;
• Assist the Controller and Production Manager in the quarterly physical inventory counts;
• Manage deliveries to coincide with production needs arriving 5 days before the start of production or as otherwise requested by the Production Manager;
• Inspect shipments content to ensure they are undamaged and verify packages according to vendor packing list (quantity, product matches shipping list) and sign paperwork upon receipt;
• Compare packing list to company PO to ensure delivery matches PO;
• If product is damaged, incorrect or in any way defective work out replacement, credit or alternative solution with the supplier;
• Ensure deliveries have the proper job production number needed for the Production team to Identify and allocate them to their designated production areas;
• Maintain and update electronic backorder log of backordered Doors and communicate updates/receipts with the Operations Manager;
• Assume responsibility for returning unsatisfactory shipments or receiving replacements;
• Create or Fill out any RMA paperwork necessary, attach RMA Label to products returning to vendor prior to shipment;
• Maintain professional relationships with all suppliers and employees;
• Develop purchasing strategies and identify buying trends to keep the business profitable;
• Become familiar with what products are available as well as their costs and benefits;
• Keep detailed records and prepare and submit reports as requested by the Production Manager and Controller;
• Keep information accessible by sorting and filing documents;
• Assist the Sales team with small walk in or call in orders by providing the customer a quote;
• Assist with general front office work (phone call answering, walk in communication etc.) as necessary
If interested, please apply today!
-3+ years previous experience in Purchasing or a related role
-Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
Trillium has been recruiting and placing professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees and an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of quality and skilled professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Contact Us if you have any questions
One moment please while we grab your information.