Job no longer available
We're sorry. This job is no longer available.
Now hiring a Project Manager for direct-hire in Hamburg!
Trillium Staffing is now seeking a Project Manager in the Hamburg, MI. area.
Direct hire opportunity working at our client location who is an established architectural metal contractor & supplier who designs, manufactures and assembles wall panels. Salary range is $60,000 per year. This is a first shift position with expected hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. M-F. Exact schedule to be determined. Direct hire opportunity.
Qualities that make a successful project manager are organizational prowess, acute attention to detail coupled with the ability to see the big picture, resourcefulness, risk-management capabilities, the ability to think critically (and, oftentimes, on one’s feet), excellent communication skills, a can-do attitude, and the ability to inspire and motivate. Each project is unique and as a result, no two days are alike. From a 3,000-foot level, their job is to keep the project moving forward and clear a path for their team members to succeed.
The tasks that a project manager is responsible for include:
• Planning: First and foremost, a project manager is responsible for formulating a plan to meet the objectives of the project while adhering to an approved budget and timeline.
• Leading: An essential part of any project manager’s role is to assemble and lead the project team. This requires excellent communication, people, and leadership skills, as well as a keen eye for others’ strengths and weaknesses. Once the team has been created, the project manager assigns tasks, sets deadlines, provides necessary resources, and meets regularly with the members. An ability to speak openly and frequently with all stakeholders is critical.
• Execution: The project manager will participate in and supervise the successful execution of each stage of the project. Again, this requires frequent, open communication with the project team members and stakeholders.
• Time management: Staying on schedule is crucial to the successful completion of any project. Time management is therefore one of the key responsibilities of a project manager. Project managers should be experts at risk management and contingency planning so they can continue moving forward even when roadblocks occur.
• Budget: Project managers are tasked with devising a budget for a project, and then sticking to it as closely as possible. If certain pieces of the project end up costing more (or, in a perfect world, less) than anticipated, project managers will be responsible for moderating the spend and re-allocating funds when necessary.
• Documentation: A project manager must come up with effective ways to measure and analyze the progress of the project to ensure it is developing as planned.
• Maintenance: There needs to be a plan for ongoing maintenance and troubleshooting. He or she will devise methods for properly supporting the final deliverable going forward, even if he or she is not directly overseeing the day-to-day operations of the initiative.
This is a family owned business with 50 years industry experience.
-5-10 years of experience preferred.
-Construction degree preferred.
-Industry experience required. Ideally within the sheet metal industry working with composite panels. Industry experience within metal wall systems required.
-Installation knowledge and experience needed.
Trillium has been recruiting and placing professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees and an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of quality and skilled professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
One moment please while we grab your information.