Job no longer available
We're sorry. This job is no longer available.
Now hiring a Project Manager for work in the Boston, MA area!
Trillium Technical is now seeking a Project Manager for work in Boston!
The Senior Project Manager, focused on the Financials & Administration portfolio, will be responsible to lead a diverse team of employees and contractors to plan, manage, and deliver application development projects and application management within Information Technology department. Senior Project Manager will strategically plan and execute IT projects and application management, incorporating suitable SDLC practices, developing technical roadmaps, and delivering business value with successful project implementations. This role will effectively manage and provide application management leadership, establish and improve close business relationships, overcome obstacles, continuously improve processes, and oversee all aspects of assigned IT applications for the Enterprise Applications team’s Financials & Administration portfolio.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Work with the Deputy Director of Enterprise Applications for the Financials & Administration portfolio and the business customers to establish priorities and schedule resources to meet business needs
• Work with business customers to clarify requirements, while identifying innovative technology improvements
• Facilitate and lead the definition of the project scope, project management/SDLC approach, milestones, tasks, deliverables, and resource requirements
• Manage multiple technical, functional, and consulting teams and/or contractors to carry out the requirements of each project completely on time and on budget
• Assist in the development of specifications and the procurement of consultants and contractors, as required
• Manage multiple project budgets including financials planning, execution, and prioritization
• Establish a communication strategy in partnership with the business, IT sponsors, and IT team to effectively communicate application and/or project related information to team members, IT management, and customers throughout project life cycle
• Develop and maintain project plans, status reports, risk and issue logs, budget/ongoing project forecast of recourses and materials and other project artifacts within the Project/Portfolio Management system of record
• Schedule, run, and document meetings, as well as organize and prepare materials to deliver written/oral reports
• Effectively negotiate resource needs and competing priorities with IT and business stakeholders
• Create and execute strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning, and assist in proactively identifying and resolving potential issues for active projects and assigned applications
• Manage, assess, and negotiate scope changes to projects and assigned applications
• Conduct assigned work assigned in compliance with all department standards, policies, and guidelines
• Ensure business engagement throughout the project and foster confidence and trust with business stakeholders
• Plan system application software upgrades and patches
• Work laterally with other IT and business teams to assure service level expectations are met, as well as systems and hardware are kept up to specifications
• Manage vendor performance and drive deliverables to meet agreed upon target dates and levels of quality
• Coach, mentor, motivate, and supervise project team members and other project managers
• Escalate issues that require executive, management, or business attention
• Respond to each inquiry, whether from a customer, vendor, or co-worker in a courteous and professional manner
• Manage application management functions to organizational standards and support metrics
If interested, please apply today!
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with comparable experience in the fields of Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Information Technology
• Eight (8) years of IT experience with significant depth in application management, development, information management, analysis/reporting, and ITIL
• Three (3) plus years of experience with project management deploying functionality to an ERP, including various SDLC methodologies from waterfall through agile
• Five (5) plus years of experience in PeopleSoft FSCM, with minimum two (2) years of v9.2 experience
• PMP and/or Scrum Certification preferred
• Demonstrated experience with ServiceNow or similar project and portfolio management system
• Prior experience on projects with federal, state, or local government is desirable
o Ability to manage multiple teams, amongst competing priorities simultaneously
o Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, and Teams
o Excellent organizational, analytical, communications, multi-tasking, time management, and interpersonal skills, with ability to utilize data to assert assumptions and develop business cases
o Results oriented person with a delivery focus
o Excellent verbal and written communication and customer service skills
o Ability to pass background screenings; a Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) check and the medical requirements, including a physical examination and drug and alcohol screening
o Have a satisfactory work record including overall employment, job performance, discipline, and safety records. For internal candidates, the aforementioned applies to the two (2) years immediately prior to the closing date of this posting. Infractions and/or offenses occurring after the closing of the posting and before the filling of a vacancy may preclude a candidate from consideration
o Ability to supervise and work effectively with a diverse workforce
o Ability to work any and all shifts and/or locations as assigned or directed
• Exposure to SaaS (software) / PaaS (platform) implementation and optimization
• Direct work experience with Financials, Supply Chain, and Project Management software
• Experience with Appeon PowerBuilder with client-server deployment
Trillium has been recruiting and placing professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees and an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of quality and skilled professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
One moment please while we grab your information.