Job no longer available
We're sorry. This job is no longer available.
Now hiring an Operations Manager for direct-hire in Danville!
Trillium Staffing is now seeking an Operations Manager for Direct Hire placement!
The salary is $70,000-$90,000 per year. The schedule is Mon-Fri with overtime as needed. The Operations Leader will be responsible for creating, implementing and managing operational strategies, metrics, objectives and actions to ensure the achievement of safety, quality, delivery and cost commitments to owners.
This position reports directly to the Plant Leader. The Operations Leader is accountable for leading the production department personnel in day-to-day activities required to safely deliver quality product while meeting all safety, quality, delivery and cost metrics. Responsible for the development, implementation and evaluation of critical processes, programs, and procedures that deliver on business objectives. Expected to drive continuous improvements such that waste is identified and eliminated through positive engagement of employees. Doing so assures a growing value proposition to the owners.
This position leads a department of approximately 43 employees which includes 4 supervisors and 2 production support resources. Expectations include:
• Demonstrates through actions, working safety is a core value by making decisions and setting direction that demonstrates commitment to providing a safe work environment for all employees.
• Grow capabilities of the Production team through application of operational excellence principles: Servant Leadership, Common Goals, Employee Engagement, Knowledge Sharing, Problem Resolution, Process Discipline and Continuous Improvement.
• Manages necessary change positively, raising the performance bar such that world class manufacturing performance and regulatory compliance is sustained.
• Responsible for administration of employee policies consistently in accordance with policy manual and local/state/federal laws.
• Define objectives for department to achieve budgeted metrics daily.
• Use of facts and data to drive root cause and corrective actions that eliminate problems impeding performance.
• Set measurable expectations of performance by providing both positive reinforcement of desired activities and positive correction on missed opportunities.
• Champion continuous improvement activities that incrementally grow workplace safety, quality and productivity by utilizing Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma and TPM methodologies.
• Create an environment that attracts the best external candidates and retains internal talent.
• Actively seek opportunities to support other departments such that teamwork between groups is continually reinforced.
• Be committed to the principles of environmental and product stewardship such that the community and customer are always protected.
• Own all actions and results directed or implied for department.
• Performs any needed functions or tasks within the scope of the role to ensure overall success of the organization.
If interested, please apply today!
• Bachelor’s Degree in Technical or Engineering field – Chemical Engineering preferred with experience in continuous process industry desired
• Minimum of 5 years leadership experience in setting manufacturing operations goals and coaching a diverse team’s daily execution
• Experience applying Lean Manufacturing, Operational Excellence Principles and 6 Sigma methodologies
• Experience driving zero injury and zero-defect culture
• Experience effectively communicating to all levels of organization – plant floor to board of directors
• Experience in performance development of both front-line leadership and their reports
• Ability to manage all the details necessary to consistently deliver results
Fact based and data driven to perform root cause analysis to develop action plans that eliminate performance issues
Trillium has been recruiting and placing professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees and an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of quality and skilled professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
One moment please while we grab your information.