Now hiring a Front End Virtualization Engineer in Worcester, Massachusetts!
Trillium Technical is seeking a Front End Virtualization Engineer who will be responsible for the support of Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) environment, application package development/deployment, end user systems configuration, product evaluation, and performance monitoring. Provides technical and operational leadership to peers within Information Services.
• Design, support and maintains all development, test and discrete production images for VDI and physical PCs/laptops.
• Scripts and integrates application packages for our distribution software, Ivanti (formally LANDesk) using PowerShell, batch, Orca and/or transforms.
• Configures and manages user personalization solutions, i.e. AppSense.
Manages multiple facets of Windows 7 OS, inclusive of registry, file system, services and ODBC connections.
• Designs and supports images for HP Windows Embedded OS thin clients, used by both internal and external employees, accommodating for differences in departmental workflows.
• Acts as a VDI subject matter expert (SME) for Major Incident Management support.
• Develops and presents recommended infrastructure changes for the physical and virtual PC environments to the Change Control Advisory Board. This includes implementation, testing and back-out white pages, complete with disaster recovery proposal(s).
• Manages small to large scale projects, designing software implementation solutions, formulating rollout strategies, and executing these work plans within the allotted timeframes and financial scopes.
• Maintains adherence to mandated device security compliance policies, keeping anti-virus and Windows security patching current, organization-wide.
• Works closely with the Systems Administration, Information Security and Networking Design teams in supporting the virtual infrastructure.
• Virtualizes software using the Microsoft App-V sequencer and ThinApp; configures user account-based access in Active Directory.
• Manages operational and project-focused Incidents and Requests for VDI and other system hardware/software using Service Now.
• Generates step-by-step documentation for all work being done in both test and production environments.
• This includes submissions to the Service Now information repository.
Tests all new hardware and software to ensure system compatibility with our production standards.
• Conducts ongoing VMware technology assessments, researches future products/updates and develops cost-effective recommendations for optimization efforts.
• Coordinates both troubleshooting and software validation discussions with vendors, the respective applications analysts and (when applicable) technical account managers.
• Complies with established departmental policies, procedures and objectives.
• Attends a variety of meetings, conferences, seminars as required or directed.
• Demonstrates use of quality improvement and lean strategies in daily operations.
• Complies with all health and safety regulations and requirements.
• Respects diverse views and approaches, and contribute in maintaining an environment of professionalism, tolerance, civility and acceptance toward all employees, patients and visitors.
• Performs other similar and related duties as required or directed.
If you’re interested in this Front End Virtualization Engineer opportunity, please apply today!
• 2 years [or more] of technical customer service experience
• Background in VMware, AppSense, ThinApp, and Horizon View environments
• Scripting / programming with PowerShell and Batch Script
• Technical experience in PC hardware / software support environments
• Desktop OS (including registry level) Administration, Active Directory, TCP/IP networking
• Able to self-manage, excellent interpersonal skills
• Solid knowledge of MS Office Suite applications and basic Internet/Intranet skills
• Excellent customer communication skills, be organized and efficient.
• Willing able to participate in a 24 x7 on-call rotation
• BS [or] equivalent work-related experience preferred
• Ivanti (LANDesk) [or] SCCM knowledge
• ITIL and Lean process improvement methodologies experience
Trillium has been recruiting and placing professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees and an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of quality and skilled professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Contact Us if you have any questions
One moment please while we grab your information.