Now hiring an IT Support Technician in Grove City, Ohio!
Trillium Staffing is seeking an IT Support Technician to work for a high quality depot repair and vendor supply chain management leader. Hours are 7:00am - 3:30pm and pay is $18-$20/hour based on experience.
Job duties include but not limited to:
• Identify problems, troubleshoot and provide advice to assist users
• Analyze, plan, design and install new IT equipment
• Review, monitor and upgrade existing IT equipment
• Determine user specifications for hardware and software
• Recommend purchases and build hardware to meet user needs
• Create and follow a maintenance schedule for existing hardware and software
Possible network management responsibilities:
• Create and maintain user accounts and logon scripts
• Monitor reliability of network infrastructure and operating systems on multiple platforms
• Participate in the diagnosis and repair of network, server and communications system problems
• Participate in the management of LAN/WAN performance and security
• Manage all backup, restore and data archival processes for all IT systems
• Participate in the management of the corporate antivirus security software
1. Installation, configuration and troubleshooting clients running Windows XP, and Windows 7.
2. Configure file, print and remote access services on clients running Windows XP, Vista and 7.
3. Configure common components on clients, such as hard disk drivers, video drivers, printer drivers and fonts, e-mail applications, remote dial-in services etc.
4. Ability to master basic Windows Server administration, including add/remove users and groups, configure file permissions, check event logs, start and stop server processes and print queues
5. Solid, reliable experience in checking backup logs from Symantec Backup Exec, or other enterprise backup software.
6. Troubleshoot and resolve issues with Windows workstations and laptops.
7. Disassemble and rebuild PCs, Laptops.
8. Must have experience troubleshooting and maintaining Zebra and Intermec label printers.
9. Ability to master basic administration of enterprise e-mail application, including add/remove users and groups, configure folder permissions if applicable, forward mail to other accounts, and add aliases.
10. Working, reliable knowledge of installing, terminating and testing category 5 and telephone cables.
11. Workstation Ability
12. Solid, reliable knowledge and experience with Windows operating systems
If you’re interested in this IT Support Tech opportunity, please apply today!
- Must have at least three years of IT Support experience and/or equivalent certification and education with a clear focus on achieving high customer satisfaction
- Microsoft Certified Professional is preferred
- Must have solid, reliable experience in desktop (user) configuration
- Enterprise E-mail Ability
- Network Cabling Ability - Working, reliable knowledge of installing, terminating and testing category 5 and telephone cables
- Workstation Ability - Solid, reliable knowledge and experience with Windows operating systems
- Understanding of switches and routers
- Understanding of Lan and Wan communications
- Understanding of WINS and DNS servers
Working, reliable knowledge of the following:
• Microsoft Active Directory and NTFS permissions
• Microsoft Server 2000, 2003 and 2008
• Microsoft Exchange 2003, 2007 and 2010
Trillium has been recruiting and placing professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees and an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of quality and skilled professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Contact Us if you have any questions
One moment please while we grab your information.