Job no longer available
We're sorry. This job is no longer available.
Now hiring a Software Engineer in Southfield, Michigan!
Trillium Technical is seeking a Software Engineer in the Southfield, MI area. Under general supervision, codes embedded software in light of customer specifications and requirements following approved design documents and reviews code with more senior engineer or management. Performs code validation. Performs software testing, analyzes results· and makes recommendations for improvements. Investigates and follows up on customer field complaints. Conducts root cause analysis of problems and provides resolution. Performs complex quality checks. Reviews RFQ and specifications. May provide guidance and on-the-job training to lower level colleagues.
Minimum Level of Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Demonstrated knowledge and application of general engineering principles and methodologies.
• Demonstrated knowledge of microcomputer, hardware, embedded software, development tools, and de-bugging methods in order to develop, configure, test and de-bug software.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Software Process Improvement (SPI), lifecycle models and process models.
• Analytical skills to handle reasonably complex situations from both the micro and macro level perspective. Uses professionally recognized techniques when standard protocols are not available; must be practically applied in innovative ways. Must rely on judgment to gather information from and follow-up with various outside sources; considers broad range of issues/factors. Recommends creative resolutions and improvements.
• Written and verbal communication skills to interpret and/or discuss technical or sensitive information with internal and external customers. Discretion in deciding what and how to communicate. Oral presentation skills to maximize the impact of thoughts transmitted
• Negotiation skills to resolve fundamental situations/issues, which may be potentially conflict in nature, while making point firmly and seeking a positive outcome for both sides.
• Customer service skills to address customer issues and partner on resolutions. Approaches every business relationship as a partnership. Makes concentrated effort to keep relationships positive and fruitful.
• In-depth understanding and demonstrated competency in working with computer software and mainframe applications in order to manipulate, analyze, and reconcile data. In-depth knowledge of internet and explorer applications in order to retrieve and post data and research information.
If you’re interested in this Software Engineer opportunity, please apply today!
Minimum Level of Education and Training Required:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• At least two years of embedded software design experience, preferably within the automotive industry.
• Previous experience in C-programming and assembly language programming.
Trillium Technical has been recruiting and placing Engineering professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees with an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of Engineering professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
One moment please while we grab your information.