Now hiring a Test Stand Technician in Kalamazoo, Michigan!
Trillium Staffing is seeking a Test Stand Technician in the Kalamazoo, MI area. The technician tests operation and confirms quality of chillers and heat exchanger packages; checks and confirms work in accordance with job specifications, procedures, quality standards and checklists. Works as part of a team. This is a second shift job working from 3:15 p.m. to 1:45 a.m. Pay is $13.50 per hour, and this is a temp to hire position.
• Read and interpret bills of materials (BOM) and blueprints
• Check that parts, serial numbers, voltage and phase are correct as specified in the BOM
• Check wiring for accuracy, conformance to drawings and tightness of connections
• Understand electrical prints and plumbing and refrigeration layout prints
• Test lines and component connections for leaks
• Operates evac pump
• Check dimensions of the unit against the prints, i.e. height and width, inlet and outlet, feet, etc
• Troubleshoot mechanical and electrical problems of units on test
• Safely and properly operate forklift and/or other lift equipment
• Observe all company rules and policies, i.e. safety, 5S, attendance
• Participate and work in a team atmosphere
• Maintain high productivity and quality workmanship
• Suggest design and procedure improvements that improve quality, productivity, and reduce cost
• May be asked to serve on various committees
• Responsible for keeping work area(s) clean and free of clutter during work time and at the end of shift 5S time
• Participate in department SQDCM meetings
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
If you’re interested in this Test Stand Technician opportunity, please apply today!
• Ability to trouble shoot mechanical and electrical problems of units on test
• Successful completion of Refrigeration classes
• Successful completion of EPA refrigerant handling class and receipt of certification
• Ability to read, write and do simple math
• Good mechanical ability
• Ability to accurately read tape measure
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints and bills of material
• Good attention to detail
• Ability to safely and properly use a wide variety of shop tools, including hand and power tools.
• Ability to safely and properly operate a forklift and/or other lift equipment.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time, sit, bend, squat and kneel.
• Ability to to push or pull at least 50 pounds and be able to safely lift at least 40 pounds.
• Must have high school diploma with some post high school vocational training or a combination of experience and training sufficient to perform the job duties
• Ability to pass pre-employment screenings
Trillium has been recruiting and placing professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees and an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of quality and skilled professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Contact Us if you have any questions
One moment please while we grab your information.